What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Taking The Police Hostage (Important)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until it is posted to say it is allowed again it is still against server rules,

You don't even need to zip tie the officer if you are holding him against their will it is kidnapping, you RP with them kill them or release them it's simple you can still get them to drop their comms their gps all their weapons and make them walk back.

Regards CSI Fuel
Are you honestly saying you and the other officers would prefer us to kill you instead of restraining you in-place?

I wouldn't have considered just ziptieing an officer in place a kidnap either, if I start moving you more than a couple of feet then sure at that point it's becoming a kidnap, but if they're left in place?

I don't want to kill police officers (I've killed one in all my time here and that was a fully rp'd execution) and in the past I've always tried non-lethal solutions like the above, but what you're saying makes that sort of scenario inevitable :(

Until it is posted to say it is allowed again it is still against server rules,

You don't even need to zip tie the officer if you are holding him against their will it is kidnapping, you RP with them kill them or release them it's simple you can still get them to drop their comms their gps all their weapons and make them walk back.

Regards CSI Fuel
I believe there to be quite a difference between restraining somebody and kidnapping them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you honestly saying you and the other officers would prefer us to kill you instead of restraining you in-place?

I wouldn't have considered just ziptieing an officer in place a kidnap either, if I start moving you more than a couple of feet then sure at that point it's becoming a kidnap, but if they're left in place?

I don't want to kill police officers (I've killed one in all my time here and that was a fully rp'd execution) and in the past I've always tried non-lethal solutions like the above, but what you're saying makes that sort of scenario inevitable :(
I am saying it from a 3rd point of view and not as an officer I am giving you your options, you can engage in RP with the officer you can rob the officer you can kill the officer you can humiliate the officer, but what you can not do it zip tie them as at that point he is a Hostage and until it is removed it is against server rules.

I restrain, did it last night and will do it again. I consider a hostage as someone you're bargaining for. If I hold them against their will and take then to another location and ask for money, that's a hostage.

If one of them attempts to storm my building, I knock them out, ill restrain them for my own safety, I'll place them in a car when the combat is over and they can drive away.

Ask Hatchingdragon about it!

False imprisonment or unlawful restraint crimes are closely related to kidnapping. Both crimes involve the unlawful restraint of someone else using force or the threat of force. Kidnapping also requires prosecutors to show an additional element is present. In some states, the additional element can be as little as moving the victim from one place to another, even if the distance is a very short one. In other states the person who is subjecting another to restraint must do so with the intent to hold the victim for ransom, use the victim as a hostage or a shield, to commit another crime, to interfere with political or government functions, or to terrorize or hurt the victim or another person.

Source

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/False-Imprisonment.htm

So to take somebody hostage a extra element to restraint is needed.

Hostage

a :a person held by one party in a conflict as a pledge pending the fulfillment of an agreement

b :a person taken by force to secure the taker's demands

Both definitions show that if you are holding someone as a hostage you must demand something in return.

Holding a cop for your own safety from sed cop and with the intentions to release him without demanding anything is not holding him hostage.

I believe "Hostage" is keeping someone against their will.
Stupidly I did not exactly answer your post although the intent can be seen and common sense made of it :)

But hostage is even more specific than restraining somebody.

So yes i would say you can zip tie an officer, but you cannot use their life to bargain with.

1. A person held by one party in a conflict as security that specified terms will be met by the opposing party.

2. One that serves as security against an implied threat

Source

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hostage

Right now cops can either win or die in situations against armed rebels. I hope this rule will be lifted soon.

Well no stee, they can always be left Alive, you dont have to kill them. You could restrain them finish your business unrestrain them and leave.

I'm glad this was introduced as it was a major pain as in one day i nearly got taken hostage 3 times it will give the rebel gangs the opportunity to find different ways to RP with the police i am looking forward to what they have in store :D  

Chris

I understand and am a bit glad for the polices sake that they cant be taken hostage, but sometimes or most of the times I have a bounty, and police decide to stop me, as I dont always feel like killing them,  it would be nice just to ziptie them until I feel like its safe for me again, Im not taking them hostage, all im doing is keeping them still until situation is clear for me to let them go, Im getting rid of their weapons of course, so they dont shoot me. But I aint killing them..

As discussed earlier the definition of hostage and kidnapping is pretty clearly defined.

You can restrain an officer but not bargain for items with his life, use them as a human shield, move them to another location.

I would suggest not leaving them zip tied when you leave either, as it could be considered trolling, just leave 1 free to release his colleagues.

I would like not to ALWAYS get raped when I am a hostage .. you know guys .. we could just .. talk? You don't have to be all over my precious god like body. hahaha

@Steph ♥ can you get someone to give us an official statement either way on whether simply ziptieing an officer in-situ - not moving them, not demanding anything in exchange for their release, just to immobilize them temporarily - is bannable or not, please?

I've had numerous times in the past 2 days where I had the opportunity to ziptie a police officer and not kill them, but because this isn't viable until I know the above, the officers were shot dead by someone else in my gang.

I'm sure the officers sitting watching their NLR timer count down somewhere would rather I'd have ziptied them for 30 seconds instead of sitting on their bum or disconnecting for 15mins, but maybe thats just me...

It is NOT banable to just Ziptie an Officer and leave him behind / don't take him hostage.

Still it's not a nice things. Someone else COULD come arround and just shoot him in the head or if that person has no GPS on it can't even be located by others (Forget the fact that restraints disappear if u move too far away) so yeah ..

You can do it .. and I think there can be some good RP Scenarios with it but I wouldn't recommend to do so.

Thanks @Steph ♥, I appreciate that :)

Like I've mentioned before I don't want to kill police officers, I feel they've got a hard enough job as it is without being shot and stuck watching a timer before they can do anything again. But sometimes I've got to remove their ability to do anything for a short time while I take control of a situation and ziptieing them and then releasing them when I'm safe to do so without killing them is definitely the preferable option to me and hopefully the officers involved.

Oh and to be clear, I'd never leave them restrained on their own as that's just opening up the ability for someone else to kidnap them/abuse them, plus they'd get lonely.

Some of us rebels do actually care about the police you see :)

I would like not to ALWAYS get raped when I am a hostage .. you know guys .. we could just .. talk? You don't have to be all over my precious god like body. hahaha
Dear god! 

I I took someone hostage I would probably end up giving them tea and coffee and have a good chat about life and life choices. There is indeed alot of unnecessary rape incidents going on between hostages and there captors!

I'm glad the hills of Altis cant talk because I don't need to know what happens in a secluded hut in the hills!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back