What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Taking The Police Hostage (Important)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this rule will be looked into when the police population balances out on BOTH servers.... however, kidnapping cops is unrealistic.... there's now a mayor, his bodyguards, Admins using the "Minister" name. 

these (potentially) are better for taking hostage... 

Im completely on board with the rule and understand why it was implemented, but how is it unrealistic to kidnap a cop?

its not unrealistic to kidnap a cop.. its unrealistic to have 2+ kidnapped every 4 hours.

i totally understand why this rule is set in place as it must be frustrating to be taken hostage every 2 minutes. However i think this rule should be over ruled in certain circumstances.

for example yesterday the police ghost hawk chased our soulgrinder across our lines and was then taken down by one of our .50 cal off roads, all officers survived the crash and were quickly surrounded and dispatched by my troops. i then recieved a message from commander maratek condeming these actions and asked why i had not ordered their capture instead of their executions, which obviously we could not do as its against server rules .

in these situations it would make for better role play if we could over look this rule as we did not actively seek out these police and it would of been better if  we could of taken them in to our custody rather than just slaughter them on the spot

I agree with General Blaze. I was talking about this with some cops last night, and basicly the only compromise that could be implemented here and now is a simple one.

Keep it a bannable offense, but spread the word among police officers from, lets say SPC and above, that they have the choice in situations where it looks like a kidnapping. If they feel, using his out of roleplay knowledge about the people doing it, that these people will actually provide a decent RP expierence with the kidnapping, they can choose to hint toward it or just type it in direct as OOC information.

This way you reward people who actually put effort into it, yet you keep the option open of banning people who just do it to take the piss. Gangs and groups with a good plan and good reputation can, with this change, decide to capture a officer instead of doing a roadside execution or whatever.

On the other hand, this requires to NOT take rules to the letter as they are written, so this, if implemented, should be something that is CLEARLY written in the rules (police hostage taking is bannable BUT police can choose to go along with it on basis of the situation and the reputation of the perpetrator.), to prevent unclear rules..

Mind you, this is just one of the wierd ideas my stoned mind comes up with this time of the day. So if no one takes it serious, I understand =P

i totally understand why this rule is set in place as it must be frustrating to be taken hostage every 2 minutes. However i think this rule should be over ruled in certain circumstances.

for example yesterday the police ghost hawk chased our soulgrinder across our lines and was then taken down by one of our .50 cal off roads, all officers survived the crash and were quickly surrounded and dispatched by my troops. i then recieved a message from commander maratek condeming these actions and asked why i had not ordered their capture instead of their executions, which obviously we could not do as its against server rules .

in these situations it would make for better role play if we could over look this rule as we did not actively seek out these police and it would of been better if  we could of taken them in to our custody rather than just slaughter them on the spot
To be honest, you could have just disarmed them and made them walk out of the UNMC territory, just cause you cant take them hostage doesnt mean you cant let them live ;)

To be honest, you could have just disarmed them and made them walk out of the UNMC territory, just cause you cant take them hostage doesnt mean you cant let them live ;)
these guys actively chased and attempted to destroy one of my armed hellcats and had just shot down and killed 2 of my guys in a non armed hellcat, there is no way i would disarm and allow them to just walk away without bargaining their lives for some form of compensation from the altis police force hence the reason i would of loved to have taken them in to custody

these guys actively chased and attempted to destroy one of my armed hellcats and had just shot down and killed 2 of my guys in a non armed hellcat, there is no way i would disarm and allow them to just walk away without bargaining their lives for some form of compensation from the altis police force hence the reason i would of loved to have taken them in to custody
I see! That of course leaves you no other choice.

Taking police hostage allowed. But only within certain circumstances eg: When you want to use them for a direct goal other than ransom money from the government. Not just surround a cop car and take him to a place and ask for money. Taking cops for bank operation needs to be re-allowed as honestly. Whenever we have had civilian hostages. The police will still open fire on us. This is unrealistic as police would only move in if they could ensure the hostages' safety first. 

I've never been in a bank operation when the police opened fire when the rebels had civilian hostages...

I've never been in a bank operation when the police opened fire when the rebels had civilian hostages...
I have, several times. I also were a hostage when TKC did a bankjob, and the cops just rubberbulleted everyone. Wether or not that was warranted is not up to me, but to say police never move in while civilians are hostages is just crazy.

Sorry, real life? I tried downloading

direct

its not unrealistic to kidnap a cop.. its unrealistic to have 2+ kidnapped every 4 hours.
I think you'll find its probably more unrealistic to have unlimited drug supplies, rebels running around with mark 18s on the back of 50cal offroads with everyone of them owning a helicopter, the Police have more than enough cops for 2 servers now, yesterday there was 25 cops online on server 1.

I think you'll find its probably more unrealistic to have unlimited drug supplies, rebels running around with mark 18s on the back of 50cal offroads with everyone of them owning a helicopter, the Police have more than enough cops for 2 servers now, yesterday there was 25 cops online on server 1.
And to be honest.. 25 cops on server one is.. a lot.. 

What is server one..? 120 slots? 

So there's 25 police officers out of 120 players.. Then of those 95 left, maybe 15 are UNMC. So that leaves 80. 

Then there's about 20 hobos who has no clue what they are doing. 

60 players left.. Out of those, 20 actually run around and roleplay, nothing else. 

So that makes it 40 players left that's actually being rebels.. 

40 rebels.. versus 25 cops.. 

To be honest, that's almost too many cops per rebel. 

Feels almost like the police force is going for quantity before quality. 
Because to be honest, there's a lot of police officers who should not be cops. What so ever. 
And ofcourse, same with rebels but there's no application for being a rebel.. You just join the server.. 

But I strongly believe that there's a problem with the police force when it comes to quality. There's only a handfull of people that I can name right now that I respect as a worthy roleplayer. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back