What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The player count crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to give everyone a bit of hope, a competing server went through their own rough patch in 2019. They experienced their player count dwindle and as an example of this their police force deteriorated from 200+ members to 110. In terms of a server this is a massive reduction.

This server is now listed as one of those well performing ones, and im pretty sure it was from new developments. Cant see how their management has changed lol.

As @Wayfarerand many others have said the server economy is for lack of a better word fucked beyond recognition with people walking around with MK1's, MK200's and other 7.62 calibre weapons as if they are rooks there isn't much to lose as a rebel nowadays from my perspective. I have never really liked rebel life on any server I played on. I always like the enjoyment of being part of a "team" and working towards a goal. 

When I first came to this server in 2017 I was very very new and confused and I watched the Robert Stoneman video 100 times just to understand how to play. Now I have been in the police for exactly 822 (as of the 21/12/20 I know I have no life) and I have very much enjoyed my experience throughout my 2 years in the cops. But quite recently I have not been as motivated as I normally would have been before.

This among many reasons I feel it is down to the type of interactions I find myself having with players anytime I do decide to log on for 2 hours. The most common things I see happening are gunfights, Store robberies (that are looking for a gunfight) and just overall shit RP. now, this may just be my pessimistic view towards the meta of the server nowadays but I cannot say the last time I had an enjoyable RP experience with one of the big gangs nowadays.

As a cop what I see is a division within rebels and how they go about. 
Compared to a new player, the longer standing rebels can be seen walking around with a very blase attitudes. If I ask a new player to put away his/her gun they will normally comply without a second thought if I asked that of a longstanding player depending on their mood they may oblige or tell me to "fuck off" and still walk around as if nothing is wrong. (i understand it may be how they want to play) This to me just shows that they are willing to pick a fight with the police regardless of the consequence casue if they lose they can just simply "Re-gear and go again"

In my humblest of opinions, I believe that one way to fix the server would be a money wipe of even a money reduction.

I understand that a possible side-effect of this would be the playerbase dropping and not increasing or the server dying alltogher so how this would be implemented would be imperative to get this sort of process done right.

One way I could see a system working would be through a tax system in-game where if you did a legal run you would have to pay a certain amount of tax or something, to be honest, I won't have the knowledge or the knowhow of how a server wipe could be approached but I think that it would be one of the many solutions that could be implemented.(along with many of the other member's suggestions) The way I see it it could kill the server or it could reignite the flame in people to get to that 10th richest person goal again and bring back that old community spirit.

Hello,

Just going over a few things people have mentioned in regards to the staff team.

Myself and @Stavikmonitor staff activity a lot whilst having consideration for their real lives and situations. I would say we have been a bit lenient towards some members in the past in regards to their activity but people have been asked to step down or people have come forward an spoke to us to step down previously.

However we always balance this of with constant review of staff applications, which are always open. If staff activity is low, we will see why, if valid reasons, we don't have a set amount of slots for the staff team so we will go back to the apps and get some interviews done. 

d092b72d39d965474fd9caaa9a7fd1e2.png

The recently interviewed are the current new level 1's. 
also shown is 10 people that when we need can interview and get them signed up

Every staff member at the moment contributes in their own way, weather that be people just handle in game, discord help rooms ect. I feel like we have a good balance across the board atm 

Moving on to Altis.

I myself have always been up and down with activity on the arma server, mostly due to the names of players on the server, I miss the good old marmite miner days I guess. I don't like to hang around with players who I know are edgy and just want a gun fight.

A LOT of the current situation can be aimed towards our team, starting right from the top I think everyone agrees with that at some part.

However, we can't take the hit for everything, the lack of roleplay can't always get pinned on the lack of development. Roleplay is as entertaining as you can make it tools or no tools. I've never had a problem creating scenarios with no tools available why can't some others?

Recently people just play Altis now days for a gun fight, unfortunately we slowly allowed that to become a thing over time, maybe due to knowing the FiveM server was in the works and the possibilities for that is endless. We have other communities out there and their sole purpose is still Altis Life, so atm they are doing great, once we turned into RPUK we vision'd ourselves to other areas also and yes Altis got neglected a fair bit. 

I'd like us to make some changes for Altis development wise, whilst also bringing back some nostalgia, old members, coming back to visit, big names showing everyone what it once was. I remember not wanting to play it for a while, then I seen a few old faces on a police patrol, instantly made me join for a couple of hours.

Just because there isn't much to do and people have then moved onto the gunfight aspect, people talk about player retention and making new faces feel welcome, this does not happen....

Popular streamer here, recently came back here otherwise known as Eval Betty, with the intention of pure roleplay came on for a few hours. The guy drove about for ages finding someone who was actually willing to speak to him. Every player dismissed him, no one was willing to speak to him. Just ran away from him, and when the eventually decided to speak to him, got them in his car to give him a lift to the airport only to get no response in the vehicle whilst trying to make conversation. I tried this recently with some dodgy accent and a mask, guess what? No one bothered speaking, apart from a few that then heard who I was....

My point being in the above, change is needed our side 100%, but I also think a change in mentality for some players is a fair balance.

Last edited by a moderator:
My point being in the above, change is needed our side 100%, but I also think a change in mentality for some players is a fair balance.
I agree that a lot of players here are leaning more towards gunfights now, but in my experience I still don't find it difficult to find people to just piss about and have a laugh with, and 9 times out of 10 it is some random hobo that I found in Kavala. The hobos make this game for me, so while I do agree that there are times when it's impossible to find anyone that wants to do anything other than shoot something, most of the time I can convince a hobo to jump in my yellow offroad and go along with whatever bullshit I'm trying to get them to do on that particular day. There are plenty of good, fun people out there, we just have to entice them into continuing to come back, which brings me back to my initial post and my suggestions of how to do that.

when i first found this server i found myself sat in kavala for a lot of my time, getting home from school sitting in kavala, why? because there was always something interesting going on, someone new to talk to, other hobos like myself just kicking about having fun, no guns no nothing just the blue and white striped t-shirt i had woke up with, and it was enjoyable to say the least, as time came on it had always been a treat to come across the odd new player kicking about in kavala doing what not having a gun allows, this is the gameplay that enticed me to stay in this community giving me a lot of laughs. this is what made me love this community. some of the best experiences ive had on this server where those with people who have only just connected to the server for the first time. and of course i enjoy a good little gunfight from time to time but the captivating thing about this style over the KOTH servers or other gunfight based modes was the storyline some of the fights brought actually having a good solid reason to put up a fight risking gear and your life in the scenario. recently though the reason ive found myself over on the fivem server was because more and more of the situations and encounters on altis become a gunfight, and then the process of either cops reviving you taking your gun and putting you in prison, or respawning to grab a jet fly over to advanced re-gear and be off to repeat the process again begins. now obviously there will never be new players in the quantity there was once back in the day and those numbers tend to lower as time goes on, but for someone like me who does stumble across this place nowadays is going to not come across the same level of interactions with other players as most of us had when we first connected spawning in in kavala, they aren't going to feel captivated enough to stick out a couple of aluminium runs to make enough to buy their first car. and in turn isn't going to feel the urge to spend more of their time and reconnect the next day.

People need to understand that RP or not. The redzones put RPUK at the top of activity due to server numbers.

server numbers increase because we are at the forefront of popularity

In todays climate, its quantity over quality. we need the numbers to increase server pop, otherwise we are a dying server.

I think the latest updates are what will keep the server afloat, its been the neglect from the dev team (for no specific reason) in the past which has left the community wanting. but you have put big updates out every month (at the least) since the last community meeting, which i think the people appreciate

Now about accountability, over the past however many years, each member of the community is accountable to some degree, players are accountable for following the rules, if not they are banned. Faction members are held accountable to additional rules, if breached, they are sanctioned or removed. Faction leads are accountable for their actions on a larger scale whereby the mistakes they make are more public and as public figures need to be addressed appropriately to send the right message. I've seen NHS leads, Police leads be banned, removed for small things as well as large things.

But there is an inherent issue, I don't see the same level of accountability held towards management, this is in particular aimed at Vladic's streams. He will appear once a week on a Friday, proceed to log onto the server (Altis or GTA) and spectate or engage with players on at that time. Whilst doing so, Vlad has a duty to entertain his viewers, which he does by getting involved with RolePlay or by drinking, this results in a potential lack of stable mind and when combined with lack of knowledge regarding the meta of the servers, when something is seen he does not agree with, he will either go into an outburst or make rash decisions quickly. Proceeding to publicly humiliate that person in the process via means of swearing, throwing verbal abuse, which I will add, if somebody else did, would be banned on the spot. 

When his stream is all said and done, what happens next? The persons subject to his out of game abuse are left to feel stupid or lack the want to continue playing. Most people expect to get banned just for disagreeing with him. But what happens to Vlad? He goes away for a week to return Friday and do it all over again. That to me and I'm sure many other members, is not fair. I understand a reason for lack of knowledge of the current meta is down to him being deployed for months at a time, fair enough, but that doesn't excuse his demeanour or behaviour on stream towards others who are here every other day at the least and are trying to do what they can. 
Just want to start by saying that what you see on the few times I do stream nowadays (havent been able to as much lately) that this just shows a small part of my involvement in RPUK. Im sure if you ask any of your contacts within the staff team if they were to ask which members of management regularly attend and have input into our meetings or any ongoing discussions it would be myself and Aiden.

With regards to "throwing verbal abuse" I am an opinionated person and am extremely passionate about RPUK and regularly challenge the norm, just like you are doing now, by voicing my opinion. If there are any times that anyone feels like a line has been crossed there are other members of the management team and staff leads that anyone can approach to deal with the issue. 

Dont get me wrong the staff team get the same challenges from me when I see something that doesn't sit right or there is something brought up in any chats or meetings which I have a view on. Thats part of my role here using my experience and being part of previously trending issues and dealing with them. I will agree with you that sometimes I dont understand what the current meta is or the intricacies of the current rule set however I will always ask the team for clarification before I make any calls because of this. I will disagree with what you class as my lack of activity though as I am regularly dealing with community members and staff issues mostly on discord nowadays when I am able and am available to all on TS most nights to deal with anything when called.

Happy to discuss and appreciate any feedback on the points above.

As a community we can all agree that these redzones and etc, increased the player base, but obviously some people dont like these gunfights which is totally fine, As people mentioned before there should definitely be some more tools for RP, but also something more to do with the redzones. I think that if the gang wars, border wars or warzone was added it will for sure increase the player base.

There is also another thing that was already mentioned , maybe staff should be a bit more careful when giving out bans, because everyone makes mistakes and banning and active member doesnt increase the player base. Maybe at one point when there are more staff available on Altis a mass unban can be held, but there are obviously some exceptions to this.

I kinda agree with this. A lot of legal and even ilegal things are either on opposite sides of the island or in a whole different region. 

The drop the last weeks has prolly something to do with shadowlands and cyberpunk + xmas times 

I have had a few days to sleep on this and my earlier decision.

I know whoisdan and others might be disappointed in this but firstly there will not be a community vote for appointed group of community representatives, The more I think about this idea the more it just would not provide us anymore information or give us nothing more than we already get from suggestions and threads like this.

In fact it will just led to more frustration and without the right balance give us a very one sided or tilted view, However @WhoisDanif you wish to collectively host a meeting and provide me feedback I will read it.

This is the last chance for Altis Life and I have again made this clear to our development team in terms of getting suggestions either implemented or declined (I will go through some today) however people need to remember we are limited with resources.

Our development team so far have carried out a lot of gunfight related suggestions and people still choose to play elsewhere (I wonder why they are even making suggestions if they spend the majority of there time elsewhere ?) I know people say they still play here because the dogshit roleplay elsewhere (a members words not mine) however these gunfights roll outside of the redzone, most gangs are using minimal roleplay (the hands up or die bullshit)

It really is up to the community to start playing on Altis Life or we lose it foreverI really will not have any second thoughts when the numbers get to 0 in closing it down, despite what the trolls say its achieved a lot but I would not loose any sleep over the decision, Its not a threat I am just being real! 

Moving onto the second vote I promised about streamers using admin camera's, this also will not be happening, I conclude Ponty's post a little unfair and a historic one and one very much targeted towards Vladic Ka about something that has happened in the past, I suggest reaching out to him and having a discussion. 

you can always do a mass unban
We did... some people appreciated it and reintegrated, others just came on to troll and all sorts and are now rebanned. (we are not talking thousands!)

Anyone else can just submit an appeal 

don't even think we do mass unbans anymore cause' of the new fair ban system thingy

i may be wrong though

don't even think we do mass unbans anymore cause' of the new fair ban system thingy

i may be wrong though
there are still people that got banned before the new system though

i mean i'm not saying that, and as i said, i may be wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back