What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The player count crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The server is already dead according to some.... but yes that's the conclusion I have always ended with.
I stand by what I said. But a reset would hasten the process.  

@sciencefreak74 if I remember correctly, Finbar made a dev app, and I know for he a fact he is just as experienced with SQF as Gordon, or nick or Nomad, since the dev team seems to be struggling slightly, maybe go ask him if he’s still interested? He also has a different mindset in terms of the server then you guys so abit of variety on the opinions of the devs would be a good thing imo 

When I say this I want to make it very clear that I appreciate all the hard works devs have put in, i understand sqf is a bitch and am appreciative of all the work that has been put in.  But if you compare our server to others even the UI looks old and we lack a lot of key features that people look for in 2020, if you’re new to Altis life in 2020 why would you play here if you log on to another server and it has 10 times the features and things to do.

I also don’t think many new players will want to RP and probably just play to piss around with friends (not saying rp should change here to clarify) but this does mean that of course we won’t retain these players and that’s okay as they realise this server might not be for them.

rework suggestions just get moved to the "to be considered" like there are posts there over a year old with 80+ votes
It takes time, development team time we clearly do not currently have... Would you rather it gets moved to declined ?

@sciencefreak74 if I remember correctly, Finbar made a dev app, and I know for he a fact he is just as experienced with SQF as Gordon, or nick or Nomad, since the dev team seems to be struggling slightly, maybe go ask him if he’s still interested? He also has a different mindset in terms of the server then you guys so abit of variety on the opinions of the devs would be a good thing imo 
We are not in the business of declining apps or giving reasons, It upsets or disheartens people, at the time of taking devs on (unless there massively experience you can only take a few on at a time as it requires dev team time) he wasn't someone the dev team decided to go for. 

People can resubmit applications if there situation changes or there interested in different teams, The dev team might go back at any point

That's the best way to deal with it, Its professional and the same way we deal with all positions, I am sure people understand that.

What we are looking for really is another Ciaran, Jaffa, DJ or Sciencefreak but with lots of time to integrate into the team.

The server is already dead according to some.... but yes that's the conclusion I have always ended with.
I think without the large interaction which there used to be with other players, its pretty safe to call it dead. Me and a friend had a little visit like a month ago in peak time and went over 40 mins without seeing a single person. To be fair, even if changes are done such as bringing new features, with such low player counts, it will be hard to get people to play. I really do hope the community can recover since I've not found anything to draw me in like ALUK/Early RPUK days did but you definitely need some luck.

(This is not a message on behalf of the dev team, just my two cents)

@PC AkulaAlthough I see where you coming from I can assure you that we review Suggestions often, some take more time than others. Like the 80+ suggestion you mentioned, it's not secret that rebel life have been the main focus of development but I'm sure as you can see from the recent changelog we have been working with Poseidon to see what improvements and changes are needed. Faction changes are also something that needs to go through their command or through their dev request sheet. In the last update alone we've implemented 11 community suggestions (some from Accepted and some from Under Consideration) and implemented some long awaited requests for Poseidon. Just because it's not in implemented or accepted it doesn't mean that some changes are not happening. 

I love reading the suggestions and appreciate every single one of them, and I agree that some of them should've been responded to by now, but please keep in mind that it can take a minute to write a suggestion but the implementation/review process is way longer. One suggestion can also easily have more features in it, making the time to implement/consider longer and even if accepted some things may be put on the bottom of the pile due to a) other things being worked on or b) limited time amongst the devs

As I have said publicly before, I do see that there sometimes is a lack of communication between devs and the community, this often causes quite a bit of hostility towards devs and does very little to improve things. It's no secret that I've not joined the dev team thanks to my SQF skills, but I do whatever I can to make the server a better place, bring your points to the dev team, argue for stuff to be added, stay up until early morning in TS with other members of the dev team because we want to get stuff done for you before the next update. Sending messages like "This update is shit" and "When are we gonna get some real changes?" to devs does more harm than good. 

Can say for a fact that experienced SQF developers are not easy to get a hold of and the people who do have that experience are either already working with other communities, have moved on from Arma and SQF coding or are simply not motivated enough to work on things. 

Can say for a fact that experienced SQF developers are not easy to get a hold of and the people who do have that experience are either already working with other communities, have moved on from Arma and SQF coding or are simply not motivated enough to work on things. 
100% correct

In terms of development I did apply for dev since i have some basic sqf knowledge, can make skins and i know how to do ocnfigs, Jaffa got back to me right when I applied to send him some examples which I did and I haven't heard anything since... Even if I was denied I would have still liked to hear back, kind of depressing not even getting a reply back when you try offer your own free time to help out the rest of community and I probably wouldn't even be interested at this point anymore just because of the way it was handled.

Edit: Don't think the state the server is in anyone that knows SQF should be just ignored it should be all hands on deck effort, people will learn with doing things anyways.Not the time to be to entitled or picky, new devs can start small and evolve up to bigger things.

But yeah agree with lots of points on this post, some things like that I feel like most of active players have felt for a long time but noone ever spoke up, glad its finnaly happening and hopefully the community (the server) can evolve .

Last edited by a moderator:
Make Drugs great again!

Bring back life to Kavala.

And give people RP tools like Dan said. I came to RPUK for the RP and it was and sometimes still is amazing. Gunfights arent my cup of tea but u need them as well. I think Maximes idea aka border wars is a good idea. 

@WhoisDan great job mate....love you 😄

Like I said you couldn't do a reset now just no way. Waaay back when I think it could've been done, but not anymore. People panic like reset is a name similar to voldemort now. You won't get back player interaction without something outside of the zones. That something can't go ahead without some changes first and whether that be gunfights or roleplay then you will get both from people going through the illegal drug trade.

But if you land on the island and wanna make moolah only to realise you need licenses and can only get those by having the cash on you at the respective processor then likely you might decide this ain't the place for you. 

Finally, is the rules but with the relaxing of those rules comes inviting a player base that up til now wasn't wanted. Once that floodgate opens I doubt it can ever be closed. 

I'm more of a new player on here but got a few hours aswell. But when i started i got addicted to this server almost right away and the reason for that was, you had just enough money to buy a backpack and a small truck, so you got your friends with you (and btw a lot of new people come in grupes) and they mabye bought one as well then you went for the drugs right away of course because it's the most interesting thing to do, cause its not allowed. And just the thing to get your nerve system completely doomed is one of the best feelings ever. 

And a thing that almost made me leave the server was the garage changes. I know it was abused but it was so much nicer that's just my opinion.

Good points, healthy discussion at a time when its clearly needed

No one is getting banned for posting their views, In 2019 we took a different approach to things, I am still confused to see why over a year now people are still worried about getting banned for constructive well worded criticism.

I will only give a quick reply for now while more people add addictions to this topic to get more of a overview.

The last community meeting the majority of people there was making noise about more combat related features, with our limited development resource's and time for Arma which we have spoken about before and improved by additions of new members they worked towards bringing in popular voted features which were more combat related.

Yes we can admit that changes have took a long time to be implemented this is half due to resources and half due to its not the direction the development team wanted to go in (they are very much committed to the serious RP cause) but now people here are pointing out the server has become too combat orientated ?

Another point I will comment on is the management team comments, Only 1 member of the management team needs to be there at any point of the day to make a decision when a question comes in.

I am not one for a vote to kick members of the management team from their positions because they are currently busy IRL, unwell or away for a host of reasons, when it comes to making a big decision they come running to give there vote.

In terms of staff the staff leads run the staff team, the development team lead runs the development teams, since you was in position the faction leads have full control of there factions but if any problems should arise we will get involved, I know everyone understands the primary focus of Roleplay despite the Altis Life dev team adding these requested combat related suggestions.

Perhaps @Pontyyou should go into detail on that one so I can understand any concerns you have or explain where you might be mistaken on that role.
No one plays cos u the mindset of if you dont like it you ban someone for it. Literally banned my main cos i played reborn. Nothing more than an immature person who can never take criticism I was generally gopsmacked when you didnt keel over, lock this post and ban the OP for saying ur servers dying and run off with the donos for ur audi. Put it brutually your server needs a fucking change up. Rp was amazing loved it, but just not what people are looking for these days. 

No one plays cos u the mindset of if you dont like it you ban someone for it. Literally banned my main cos i played reborn. Nothing more than an immature person who can never take criticism I was generally gopsmacked when you didnt keel over, lock this post and ban the OP for saying ur servers dying and run off with the donos for ur audi. Put it brutually your server needs a fucking change up. Rp was amazing loved it, but just not what people are looking for these days. 
You obviously haven't been part of this community for a very very long time because no that is not the way it is, It's a shame you couldn't come here with a better post tbh

Donations were never spent on an Audi, I haven't had an Audi in a long time so it shows how old that "joke" has become.

No trolls from reborn are required, Its boring and so 2016 so get back to gaming, enjoy the rest of your weekend rather than negative posts elsewhere, If you wish to rejoin then of course open an unban appeal.

I don’t really know what else to say that hasn’t already been said. But I’ll add my own opinion and hopefully it’ll enlighten at least one person, which is the aim of the thread. There are countless reasons why the Altis Server has fell into a rough patch. Now of course no singular aspect of the community can be blamed, nor do I intend to do so, but I believe there are little things each section can do to maximise the player base. I’m not mulling over the problem, I’m trying to find a resolve.

From my personal perspective as a Staff Member, perhaps one thing we could do is make sure the correct punishments are being handed out when needed. Thinking to ourselves ‘Does this person really deserves this ban, at this length?’. I’m not saying it happens, but it could be a good thing to think before potentially losing an active community member. I understand we have a very small dev team, but we can play to our strengths. Perhaps you guys could find a way to get a closer connections to active players, use market research to find what the people require as a priority. Our dedicated players. You guys play Arma fairly often I imagine. Spread the word! Put it anywhere you can and convince people to give it a go! And finally all of us, as a collective, need to innovate. Think of little ideas that we could introduce on the server that could raise our popularity. So yes, our Arma 3 server (a game which is now almost 8 years old btw) is in a rough patch. But we can pull through. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back