What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why is nobody on the Tanoa sever

Altis Life is perfect.
guns and trucks in an hour is perfect? 

*yawn*

Tanoa is difficult, and to be fair, hats off to PLF for showing its possible to work and achieve....

Cops not playing because there's no action actually makes look at everything in the PCC in a new light...

Last edited by a moderator:

*yawn*

Tanoa is difficult, and to be fair, hats off to PLF for showing its possible to work and achieve....

Cops not playing because there's no action actually makes look at everything in the PCC in a new light...
PLF play it like the next MMO, its a Life server, not some MMO. There are some inherent flaws that means that end game content is dead to non existent so basically you grind for nothing in may peoples eyes. It's no wonder that no one plays.

EDIT - With this in mind i am working on feedback as i feel i have no right to complain if i cant offer something to change.

PLF play it like the next MMO, its a Life server, not some MMO. There are some inherent flaws that means that end game content is dead to non existent so basically you grind for nothing in may peoples eyes. It's no wonder that no one plays.

EDIT - With this in mind i am working on feedback as i feel i have no right to complain if i cant offer something to change.
And the way things are, where anyone can get a million and buy a rifle. I respect its difficult, but once you pass a few million, what else is there to achieve?

There's zero value of life on Altis.... because there is so much money and the only restriction is NLR....

There's no real endgame in Altis... you've got everything on day one.....

I could go on and on...

*yawn*

It takes much longer than an hour to get guns and trucks..I'm thinking back to when I started playing.

To me, the server is perfect. Lots of great roleplay, it's not too challenging to make money and it's not super grindy. You do not have everything on day one, i've been here for 2 years and I still have goals i'm trying to achieve. 

lets be honest, I've seen cops giving BRAND NEW PLAYERS a million.... I've seen random people doing it.... I've seen support in the past show someone around, literally paying for everything, and letting them keep the money at the end of whatever run they were doing.....

Altis is easymode.... People are too used to easymode... I'm not saying it should be impossibly hard, but people honestly don't sense achievement as a result.

lets be honest, I've seen cops giving BRAND NEW PLAYERS a million.... I've seen random people doing it.... I've seen support in the past show someone around, literally paying for everything, and letting them keep the money at the end of whatever run they were doing.....

Altis is easymode.... People are too used to easymode... I'm not saying it should be impossibly hard, but people honestly don't sense achievement as a result.
It took me almost a full year to get a Huron, months to get a tempest etc. It is highly rewarding and I can say 100% was not "easy mode". Granted people being handed millions does not help, people shouldn't be haded things on a plate, but to say it is easy mode..... not so much. Something harder than Altis would be good, but much much easier than the current Tanoa. I come home to enjoy the game, not to play an MMO-style game. Take a recent example of a game; "Destiny". The MMO grindiness to it put off alot of the playerbase. People don't want difficult, they want depth.

Some things are really wrong there, 1 thing is the lvl system, LVL 60 to have a Carryall Backpack? wow, also the civ plane, need way to much lvl.

Not to talk about the grind... People have a real life, i'm not spending 8 hours in a day playing... I have work and stuff to do... I will take like 1 year to have a Hemmt or a plane? lol

Personally for ME it's too much level/money grinding, there no room for casual play unless you're robbing (which obviously you need a gun that's unobtainable)

The reality is that most people don't want to do farming/grinding, most want the robbing aspect.

No robbing means bored cops, too much grind for guns means bored crims.

A issue then arises then where the player count becomes so notoriously low that player mentality becomes "I'm not going on Tanoa, no one plays it" thus further dwindling the player count.

Add in with he lack of ability to play without grinds for an hour and a half on a quad bike with minimal financial gain. Stealing a car will hit you with a fine that takes hours to recover from (well not anymore due to no cops or players)

I want to play more but personally I can't just casually play and I think that also puts a lot of players off. 

My personal opinion would be to lower the car level, add a spawn a Georgetown, everything on a quad is just too furstrating, at least for the moment to get the server swinging, then tighten up the buckles.

I love the freshness of it all honestly, the early days are always fun, but they shouldn't be a chore either. 

Thats just me, but I'm a lazy youtuber who expects everything for free.

I was hoping Tanoa would be a step in the right direction where it came to balancing the economy, I think the result was more of a giant leap that may have slightly overstepped the mark, making the server less attractive to the majority of players.

I think the impossibility of casual play(as@Banana Duckmentioned) is the key point here. Most people don't have time to spend grinding before they can get to the meat and potatoes of the game. These would be the people that normally make up the population, making it feel like there's always something going on. Without casual players, things begin to feel dead, and even when running into experienced players they will often be in a hurry to bend as many bananas as possible and pay off their quadbike debts.

The good news is, that when it comes to balancing the difficulty of the server, it is far easier to dial things back than to ramp it up. But with Tanoa being a new thing, I hope that the sweet spot between the Tanoa and Altis economies can be found soon, or i fear peoples' interest may die down or move elsewhere.

*yawn*

It is possible if you literally spend 8-10 hours a day nonstop grinding coconuts or what ever the income is but sorry, got a life to take care off, the cops part also intrigues me, granted i recently rejoined and all i've heard is they are waiting for more updates, not action... i might have misinterpreted them but who knows.. 

Alot of complaining tbh...

Tanoa is hard yeah, and there is definitly something that need changes.
But Police not playing cause "not enough action/gunfights" and "not enough salary" is abit funny. When all they need for their patroling is free....

And criminals thinking its to hard to rob, well, use some stratergy, and use your group for something planned, insted of "hands up or die".

To give some feedback.
The backpack system dont work. Lvl 60 to get started grinding, well the sentence just makes me cringe :p
I mean hobos need the chanse to earn money, they should not be limited by their backpack, but by their LVL.
Backpacks should be open for all. And the only limit there should be your bank account, not the level.

Drugs:
I have not dared to try drugs after we lost XP from it.

So can anyone confirm if we still get -XP for doing drugs? (I know its fixed so you dont lose when you kill people now)
Cops want something else to do, and civs want something more to do.
Make drugs a thing again, so people actually can choose, do I want the leagal side, or criminal side.
Cause now we are all copper or diamond miners on a Island with alot of different things to do (but its no profit of doing anything else than the two mentiond)

Economy:
Even that its a small ammount of us who can see the reality in the economy.
And also enjoy it to a sertain degree, its to hard. Like people mention, its not everyone who can play 7-10 hours a day, like sertain PLF members.
And when you pay 80k for a ZAMAK, and you make £3000 if not less from a 4 hour grinding with a quadbike rental. Its definitly something that will limit players. (And that is if you do copper, then you need the 3.5k for the license as well)

I think a quick fix for more fun could be:
Remove lvls for backpacks.
Increase the price on everything. (not ALOT, but abit, and make drugs abit more attractive.)
Make sertain truck lvls lower requierd lvl.

Increase the price on everything. (not ALOT, but abit, and make drugs abit more attractive.)
Increase the price? How will that help anyone? Do you mean increase the price on what you get from selling stuff or increasing the price of cars, guns, clothes etc?

Increase the price? How will that help anyone? Do you mean increase the price on what you get from selling stuff or increasing the price of cars, guns, clothes etc?
Read the whole context of it and it should be pretty clear that im talking about the selling price

Read the whole context of it and it should be pretty clear that im talking about the selling price
I was making it clear for people who didnt fully understand it as it didnt relate to the selling price but just "everything"

Alot of complaining tbh...

Tanoa is hard yeah, and there is definitly something that need changes.
But Police not playing cause "not enough action/gunfights" and "not enough salary" is abit funny. When all they need for their patroling is free....

And criminals thinking its to hard to rob, well, use some stratergy, and use your group for something planned, insted of "hands up or die".

To give some feedback.
The backpack system dont work. Lvl 60 to get started grinding, well the sentence just makes me cringe :p
I mean hobos need the chanse to earn money, they should not be limited by their backpack, but by their LVL.
Backpacks should be open for all. And the only limit there should be your bank account, not the level.

Drugs:
I have not dared to try drugs after we lost XP from it.

So can anyone confirm if we still get -XP for doing drugs? (I know its fixed so you dont lose when you kill people now)
Cops want something else to do, and civs want something more to do.
Make drugs a thing again, so people actually can choose, do I want the leagal side, or criminal side.
Cause now we are all copper or diamond miners on a Island with alot of different things to do (but its no profit of doing anything else than the two mentiond)

Economy:
Even that its a small ammount of us who can see the reality in the economy.
And also enjoy it to a sertain degree, its to hard. Like people mention, its not everyone who can play 7-10 hours a day, like sertain PLF members.
And when you pay 80k for a ZAMAK, and you make £3000 if not less from a 4 hour grinding with a quadbike rental. Its definitly something that will limit players. (And that is if you do copper, then you need the 3.5k for the license as well)

I think a quick fix for more fun could be:
Remove lvls for backpacks.
Make sertain truck lvls lower requierd lvl.
Complaining? These are valid reason too why the player count is dwindle, it's not a conspiracy.

some drastic lowering/rising of things need to happen soon or it will just die, it's just too hardcore at the moment.

duck recommends 

- Georgetown spawn

- cars a level one (buy able)

- increase prices an xp a lot more (for the time being)

People want to play but as I said the "no ones online, I'm not playing" syndrome happens.

I can tell you I won't be returning until something drastic happens, it's hard to make videos about Banana bending (believe it or not)

I said this early on and I think it is true, too much grind is actually making people feel gear is more important than on Altis and removing the focus on RP instead of encouraging it.  On Altis I can do one diamond/copper/weed run a day and cover my losses, then spend the rest of the day interacting with people.  On Tanoa the value of gear and levels has been increased in importance by making them so hard to achieve, and in doing so the "freedom" to spend time on RP has been reduced.

I said this early on and I think it is true, too much grind is actually making people feel gear is more important than on Altis and removing the focus on RP instead of encouraging it.  On Altis I can do one diamond/copper/weed run a day and cover my losses, then spend the rest of the day interacting with people.  On Tanoa the value of gear and levels has been increased in importance by making them so hard to achieve, and in doing so the "freedom" to spend time on RP has been reduced.
Time is money, money is gear, gear is love gear is life.

Make it so that you make more money from runs on Tanoa, this will ensure players get to the point where they can stop grinding and start role-playing without having to worry that a ticket will wipe their bank account. Simple as, you NEED money and gear to create many different RP scenario's and that is what everybody is missing.

Also, I would like to add that I've grinded my way up to the level to buy a weapon. My problem is every time I rob someone they call me to ts because they seem a bit salty about losing their money. For ex. I robbed a bus driver with a load of civs on, in side chat the bus driver decides to call me a low life for robbing a bus when all I was doing was making rp (not exactly interested in the money more of a bonus).... After that it completely put me off the server in general.

Obviously, it's because money is so hard to gain so me robbing this bus driver for 1.5k hes gonna get angry. So I do agree with @Coolabout making the market prices abit more higher so people can gain money a little easier.

Also, Crocodiles is impossible to do when 1 crocodile weighs 70 and you need to buy a boat + get to the place to sell for only 400... Definately need to raise the field pack backpack size or make the carryall a lower level (maybe like level 10?)

*yawn*

The only thing plf have shown is that if you have a big gang and grind for bloody hours on end you might be able to get a boat...

The community is telling you exactly what it wants, the staff need to stop being so defensive over the ideas which frankly aren't working at all and start mitigating the losses. 

Sorry, but obviously, this tanoa design isn't ever going to survive. 

Back