What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why is nobody on the Tanoa sever

I think this a lack of respect for many people in the community that have come here offering some genuine feedback.
its a lack of respect for those that dont contribute and sit and moan....

are you contributing here? or moaning about a section of my post, as the more important part has been cut off.

again, as I said, it's being looked into today. People need a bit of patience. Whilst this new system has worked for some, most people have looked at it and thought "i need to actually move my ass to get somewhere in life?.....in a life server????.... pffft, lets play on RDM Server #72"

I've needed figures and information.

Getting "It aint working pal" doesn't solve anything... my experience of play is different to yours, lots of peoples experiences along with hard facts paint a beautiful picture....

painting shit just looks like shit.
Im sorry but this is one of the most disrespectful things I have seen on here in a while. To suggest that most people are lazy, and would rather go play on an RDM server is not only completely untrue, but very rude. Just because someone doesn't like what is on offer currently on Tanoa doesn't give you the right to paint us all as people who care only about gunfights, getting things handed to us and people who would prefer to go and RDM somewhere else. Comments like this are insulting to the large percentage of the playerbase who care greatly about role play and the server.

again, as I said, it's being looked into today. People need a bit of patience. Whilst this new system has worked for some, most people have looked at it and thought "i need to actually move my ass to get somewhere in life?.....in a life server????.... pffft, lets play on RDM Server #72"

I've needed figures and information.

Getting "It aint working pal" doesn't solve anything... my experience of play is different to yours, lots of peoples experiences along with hard facts paint a beautiful picture....

painting shit just looks like shit.
This thread is all feedback, lots of people's feedback. Yes, some things are less constructive than others, but shouldn't be dismissed as painting shit or just complaining. If people are complaining it only means they care about what happens.

If we're hearing requests for more feedback from one place, and being told to stop complaining from another, it sends out some mixed messages. We know you're all working hard on things already, but discussion on the subject is inevitable really, and far better than complete silence.

This thread is all feedback, lots of people's feedback. Yes, some things are less constructive than others, but shouldn't be dismissed as painting shit or just complaining. If people are complaining it only means they care about what happens.

If we're hearing requests for more feedback from one place, and being told to stop complaining from another, it sends out some mixed messages. We know you're all working hard on things already, but discussion on the subject is inevitable really, and far better than complete silence.
With respect, where's the feedback in this post?

I just had a nice message off someone, and i'll give my reply here, you'll see what helps, and what doesnt...

at this time, i've spent the last 7 hours straight re-writing prices for a lot of things in the game, aswell as re-writing a load of scripts to make life easier in the future (for updating costs).

I need feedback such as 

"I did a coke run in a offroad, the license was this, and this is how much I got out of it, it would take me 4 bajillion runs to earn that license back, it also takes 4 years to complete, so if you could possible increase the value due to the xp drop loss, and move the processor to "location x" then we'd be greatful... here's a youtube of us trying to have fun doing the run.... you can hear the tears drip at the end"

That works, that's amazing....

"this is shit, i cant be bothered because #eastmode Altis is #easymode Altis.... please change it back"

..... well whats broke? what's wrong? no details dont help....

I'm not saying what everyone says is "crap"... I'm saying its useless feedback for me to work on fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My perspective on this is that yes, an awful lot of work and dedication has gone into the new Tanoa server, which is a great achievement that all involved should be proud of, within such a short time from the release of Apex. The integration of many different things is not an easy thing to achieve off the bat. However, I can see that certain people (naming nobody on purpose) are rightly proud but grindingly defensive of the project and it's current state. At this point, people have been banned on the forums for making comments, comments have been made by senior staff that frankly do little to persuade the majority of players that the staff actually care about or understand their player base, and viewpoints of people other than a chosen few have in cases been ignored. 

I fit into the more casual bracket, as most people do, and work a full day at work for very low pay in a sometimes shitty (literally) job, and the thing that gets me through my day is looking forward to coming onto these servers to roleplay, and frankly I find myself unable to do that on Tanoa as I do not have the money to be able to risk my life and equipment. I had a fantastic roleplay session the other night with the great BBC Earth team, however I lost money on that as I was not able to earn to break even, and as a direct result of choosing to roleplay I am now worse off and facing more of an uphill struggle. This puts me off wanting to play it as if I want to have that roleplay I need to put in hours after my already grindy work day to be able to afford the opportunity. 

I am grateful for the work that has been put in, and the work that is still being put in, but saying things like

"i need to actually move my ass to get somewhere in life?.....in a life server????.... pffft, lets play on RDM Server #72"
misses the point that everyone here already plays a game called Life, and doesn't want to have that same struggle in a game. I have also seen posted "You have no idea on concept, design, implementation or anything of the sort." This sort of comment again has no respect, or knowledge, of the people commenting on this issue. Instead of, as people have said, insulting the user base who become increasingly frustrated as a failing concept is defended (which is admirable to a fault), please can people not post childish replies, but rather be transparent and explain why things need to be certain ways.

Police are not paid enough. $10/15 minutes is NOT good enough. NPAS isn't in the server yet. 

With respect, where's the feedback in this post?
I've already given my input in this, as well as other threads.

I was hoping Tanoa would be a step in the right direction where it came to balancing the economy, I think the result was more of a giant leap that may have slightly overstepped the mark, making the server less attractive to the majority of players.

I think the impossibility of casual play(as@Banana Duckmentioned) is the key point here. Most people don't have time to spend grinding before they can get to the meat and potatoes of the game. These would be the people that normally make up the population, making it feel like there's always something going on. Without casual players, things begin to feel dead, and even when running into experienced players they will often be in a hurry to bend as many bananas as possible and pay off their quadbike debts.

The good news is, that when it comes to balancing the difficulty of the server, it is far easier to dial things back than to ramp it up. But with Tanoa being a new thing, I hope that the sweet spot between the Tanoa and Altis economies can be found soon, or i fear peoples' interest may die down or move elsewhere.

I'm not saying what everyone says is "crap"... I'm saying its useless feedback for me to work on fixes.
I'm not suggesting you are, i believe the term used was painting shit.

Some people will describe problems, some describe problems and suggest solutions, both of these things are valuable in identifying areas that need to be worked on. As you've said, you're already working on modifying the prices. Either work was started on these things following feedback in threads like this, or the problem was identified by yourself following your own experience on the server. It doesn't matter how a problem is identified, all that matters is that it's being worked on. Whether it's being worked on or not, people will talk about the problem until they can see see a fix in game, this is inevitable.

How can you not get enough money for free gear............
Because we don't just play as cops. We play as civs too and like to have some of the time and effort we put into patrolling to mean we can have some fun as civs on our own time. 

Because we don't just play as cops. We play as civs too and like to have some of the time and effort we put into patrolling to mean we can have some fun as civs on our own time. 
Cops is supposed to be a extra faction to promote RP and be a RP faction who give justice to the civs.
Not a money making machine. (you have drugs buisness for that)

I can understand that you feel its a small salary. But compared to what you make as a civ. Its pretty fair.
I mean you should know that, if you have tried to grind as a civ.

Cops is supposed to be a extra faction to promote RP and be a RP faction who give justice to the civs.

I can understand that you feel its a small salary. But compared to what you make as a civ. Its pretty fair.
While you're correct, it's still unfair to assume we don't want to be able to play as civ and, after 20 hours of work put into being a cop, have to spend another x amount of hours going through the motions. 

I can understand why feel we don't need a higher salary, but as more or less the entire police force in an agreement, I think you're incorrect on this one. 

Quite a few a waiting for it to be levelled out. Nothing is perfect upon release so waiting for management to make their amendments is probably what's happening.
Yeah, that is true and a lot of people aren't happy about the levelling system and how hard it is to make money because hobos who don't know a lot about life don't find it easy and don't know what to do whereas its pretty basic on altis.

Personal ideas

- Add Georgetown spawn at level 1 or default.

- Add cars at level 1

- Increase the price of all jobs

- Increase the amount of XP

- lower requirements for backpacks

- Increase cop wages (going of general talk) 

- Make some sort of Island event/giveaway to encourage more people to stay on. I.e free truck/plane/XP

TO ADD

- Reduce the rental of quads, I spawned in now with 2 hours left already having to recoup £250 which is going to take probably 1 and a half hours on a quad. (unless I do coconuts which gives no xp, hence repeating over and over) 

Take them, leave them, critise them. Those are my thoughts.

As a note, backpacks are now easier to get. Im level 2 and bought one earlier. 

Personal ideas

- Add Georgetown spawn at level 1 (or even other areas)

- Add cars at level 1

- Make some sort of Island event/giveaway to encourage more people to stay on. I.e free truck/plane/XP

all of them are great ideas banana but I'm unsure about the cop wages are the extremely high?

If role play is enough of a reward for your time on this server, how come people aren't happy to simply break even with the cost of their gear on a "roleplay" bank op?

Civs work hard doing resource runs, cops work hard catching criminals. Yes, drugs are for making money, but cops can't run drugs or they lose their place in the whitelisted faction. I log on a couple of times a week usually for a couple of hours at a time, i spend the rest of the time doing ooc police work like dealing with various complaints, tweaking and balancing police rules, answering the many questions that come to Police Command on team-speak, as well as the odd bit of skinning here and there.

From my time in game I will make in a week ~£160 in wages + impound rewards of £20 per car (split between 3 people in a patrol channel). If you take from this the cost of fuel, and food, it doesn't add up to much. Now factor in the price of a defibrillator, at £1750 even if it was split between everyone on the patrol room, that's going to set you back.

I fully expect to stay at my current bank balance of £10,000 on Tanoa, a number I only reached because reviving someone rewarded me with £7,500 the first time I played. Until I start playing civ regularly I will continue to break even every time I play. I would wager that most cops are in a similar situation.

Personal ideas

- Add Georgetown spawn at level 1 of default.

- Add cars at level 1

TO ADD

- Reduce the rental of quads, I spawned in now with 2 hours left already having to recoup £250 which is going to take probably 1 and a half hours on a quad. (unless I do coconuts which gives not level, hence repeating over and over) 

see, i wish i could like a post more than once... finally!

Not trying to cause arguments, but the only money you need is to buy a car clothes and food. Not like you can do anything illegal as a civ when you're off duty anyways.

65635881.jpg

@Neo

We have to pay to revive people, for food, and when we get on as a civ we would like some money. It costs $10 for an apple and we must provide food and water for prisoners. It's simply not fair. We also have to comp if something happens and we make a bad call. We simply can't afford it. I'm not playing because Tanoa doesn't give police enough money. 

Back