What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why is nobody on the Tanoa sever

Wrong rob, food and water (most of it) have been made completely free for police, at least at Gerogetown HQ.

Cops is supposed to be a extra faction to promote RP and be a RP faction who give justice to the civs.
Not a money making machine. (you have drugs buisness for that)

I can understand that you feel its a small salary. But compared to what you make as a civ. Its pretty fair.
I mean you should know that, if you have tried to grind as a civ.
The police aren't a money making machine. I'm simply asking for enough compensation so that once we go on as civ we have some money. As police you can't make money, and while you're off duty you can't do illegal things. Like I explained above it's too much of a burden on police. We can barley feed ourselves let alone prisoners, and the occasional compensation. Altis has a good balance. 

Wrong rob, food and water (most of it) have been made completely free for police, at least at Gerogetown HQ.
Well, things have changed then. When I tried Tanoa it took 15 minutes to buy an apple. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, things changes, so giving it another go now and then doesnt hurt, if the only time people have been on it was the launchdays.

@CFI Rob Usti don't really agree with you in regards that altis has a nice balance you get 20k per 15 min witch is 360k per restart you have free gear and hardly have to pay anything for food about 200 pounds and your set for a whole restart. yes accidents happen and you will have to comp at some point but that hardly happens and if it happens allot then your doing something wrong. And don't get me wrong i do think the police salary needs to be a bit higher but not a whole lot.

@CFI Rob Usti don't really agree with you in regards that altis has a nice balance you get 20k per 15 min witch is 360k per restart you have free gear and hardly have to pay anything for food about 200 pounds and your set for a whole restart. yes accidents happen and you will have to comp at some point but that hardly happens and if it happens allot then your doing something wrong. And don't get me wrong i do think the police salary needs to be a bit higher but not a whole lot.
320k per four hours is nothing compared to what rebels make. Rebels can make 2.2 million per hour. 80k an hour as police vs 2.2 mil per hour as rebel. 

Here's a legitimate suggestion:

Instead of having a grinding XP system, instead go back to more of a skill tree XP system with levels and perks/skills. Still have the standard licenses. Having a pre-set amount of skills allows characters access to do different things. If you buy a pilot license you're restricted to use a Hummingbird or Orca. If you purchase a rebel license, you're restricted buying pistols and rifles up to 6.5 MM

For example

Military Training - Allows purchase of 7.62 MM rifles and above
               -Marksman Training - Allows purchase of Magnification Optics
               -Combat Medicine - Allows use of Medical Kits (Not FAK) and Defibrillators 
               -Recon Training - Allows the purchasing of Ghillie suits

Pilot training - Allows use of medium size helicopters
                   -Commerical Pilot - Allows use of cargo helicopters and heavy helicopters
                   -Top Gun - Allows use of fixed wing aircraft 

Add the standard skills such as drug dealer, cocaine dealer, lock picking, hunger, etc... etc...

Here's a legitimate suggestion:

Instead of having a grinding XP system, instead go back to more of a skill tree XP system with levels and perks/skills. Still have the standard licenses. Having a pre-set amount of skills allows characters access to do different things. If you buy a pilot license you're restricted to use a Hummingbird or Orca. If you purchase a rebel license, you're restricted buying pistols and rifles up to 6.5 MM

For example

Military Training - Allows purchase of 7.62 MM rifles and above
               -Marksman Training - Allows purchase of Magnification Optics
               -Combat Medicine - Allows use of Medical Kits (Not FAK) and Defibrillators 
               -Recon Training - Allows the purchasing of Ghillie suits

Pilot training - Allows use of medium size helicopters
                   -Commerical Pilot - Allows use of cargo helicopters and heavy helicopters
                   -Top Gun - Allows use of fixed wing aircraft 

Add the standard skills such as drug dealer, cocaine dealer, lock picking, hunger, etc... etc...

This.

I much prefer skill trees and picking the type of skill you would like to advance on, maybe you want to be a pilot and take that route. Or maybe you want to be a rebel with the best weapons. Letting people pick what type of skills and routes they went to take rather then a linear exp system would be a good idea.

Note; I have not played Tanoa as a civ but from what I can see soldiers idea is a good one. 

@Neo From experience all i see is people doing diamond runs On the Map there our islands could maybe some of these islands be populated with stores and possibly some sort of work maybe add a harbour on it just i get the feel that its all focused on the centre island i like to see it PACKED so theres more choices  

320k per four hours is nothing compared to what rebels make. Rebels can make 2.2 million per hour. 80k an hour as police vs 2.2 mil per hour as rebel. 
Ok that might be true but as a police officer you don't stand anything to lose either unless you are having to comp a person or give them a reward for turning some piece of equipment in other then that your fine.

As a rebel you can lose allot either by cop or other rebels even can get our vehicles scrapped so rebels can earn allot of money yes but lose it at the same time.

Feedback from playing Tanoa as a cop and civ and the things i beleive should be changed

Civilian Spawns

Level 0 - Airport

Level 1 - Georgetown

Level 5 - Ouméré & La Rochelle

Level 10 - Linjhaven

Level 20 - Katkoula

Towns

Add a few more town spawns as above so that there is a balance of places to spawn around the map.

General

If possible make it so you have to travel to City Hall to register as a new resident and doing this will bump you up to level 1.

Police

Increase wages to £25 per 15mins (£100/Hour) this will give cops some funds to enjoy when we go off-duty but still not too much we can skip ahead of civilians who have made the grind.

Vehicles

Quad Bikes [No level] Rent: £150

Hatchback [Level 1] - Rent: £1000 Buy: £2500

MB4 4WD [Level 5] Rent: £7500 Buy £15000

Off-Road [Level 10] Rent: £4000 Buy: £8000

SUV [Level 15] No price change

Qilin [Level 20] No price change

Tempest Device: Needs to have a level requirement

Backpacks

Able to buy new backpacks every 5 levels

XP

Non processing jobs should award xp ie every 5 bananas gain 5xp

Increase xp slightly 5-10%

Jobs

Delivery missions and shipwrecks to be added for more variety (if possible to code in of course)

@Neo From experience all i see is people doing diamond runs On the Map there our islands could maybe some of these islands be populated with stores and possibly some sort of work maybe add a harbour on it just i get the feel that its all focused on the centre island i like to see it PACKED so theres more choices  
I agree the East coast Is so barren, only 2 places to buy tool kits on the whole Island, It feels so empty.

As I have said. If you want some Feedback then ask the playerbase. Ask the people playing what they want and ask the people not playing what they want. My offer still stands that you can step by PLF rooms at any time and we are happy to give our thoughts. 

@Neo after play cop for a while and civ for a while heres what i've found

Cops need a higher salary i need to buy a defib but if i buy one and it bugs out (as it does) i can no longer rent a quad as a civ.

Increase xp not everyone can grind for 7-8 hours a day 5 days a week for a offroad.

Stop making drugs take away xp. Seriously i feel bad for the rebels and as a cop i like doing drug bust and the excuses rebels come up with the escape our wrath.

And lastly please please please please if possible do what @Thesoldier did and make us use our xp to spec into things for instance I'm a miner so make me mine faster and get more ore and 25% more cash per run as a skill tree that would take up X amount of levels to reach the bonus xp perk completeing the tree. Or i'm a sniper let me get DMS and LRPS for a skill and let me get the AKM as a skill. Or maybe they're a pilot! Let them get access to planes in Helis in a skill tree this would allow for gangs to have people specialize in areas and could lead to a better sense of progression as we play.

The fact is, this is a "life" server. It's hardly life without people, no matter what the staff team wants. I apriciate how much effort the staff team has put in but I will tell you exactly why I love these servers.

Its The freedom to do as I please. Parachuting into Kavala with the wind in my hair and my gang by my side. A daring police shootout behind enemy lines with inferior weaponry, and against the odds, making it out alive. Or simply helping out new players around town.

Simple fact is, without players and gear, none of that is possible. So no matter what the Devs want, listen to the community or me and most of liber army are heading back to altis.

I have been patrolling as a Police officer on Tanoa and its quiet for most of  the time witch I do not mind, I tend to drive the roads to the copper,iron and diamonds as like a "park ranger/tuck inspector" and its been going okay for the most part, You will not find alot of people in the main city's you need to explore and find out where the "hot spots" are. 

Tanoa 10/10 :)

I don't know about anyone else but I don't play as Civ because of the crappy grind at the start. 

I don't play as police because of the terrible wage meaning I've already fallen behind others who play a civ lifestyle.

[DISCLAMER] this is personal opinion, im not trying to say its bad or anything.

@Thesoldieryou have a great idea, the reason I stopped playing was for the same reason I stopped playing WoW, THE GRIND,  to be honest, I play the server to have fun and a good RP experience, currently I have at least 4 idea's in mind but cant do them due to leveling, in my eyes, I play altis/tanoa to have more casual fun and overall a good laugh and RP experience not sitting for about 2 hours picking banana's so I can buy a hatchback!

I don't know about anyone else but I don't play as Civ because of the crappy grind at the start. 

I don't play as police because of the terrible wage meaning I've already fallen behind others who play a civ lifestyle.
Try to play again, it doesn't take too long to get into a car if you do diamonds or copper and ask someone to process it for you, also this isn't a race, so your not falling behind :)

Yes we need to tweak the payouts, prices and XP some more but these things take time, if this was a standalone title you would be looking at 3 to 6 months of focus testing just to iron out the curve, so it's not surprising that after a week things are still a little skewed, but the system is sound,  just think of this as an extended beta test, chill do some runs talk to people, play the time you want to play, don't feel like you need to speed hours doing the same thing just to get 'X', enjoy the place for it's different feel.  

I think what the devs have done is fantastic, for a small team with very little experience in developing gameplay experiences, so instead of just walking away, help them out, play the game, test the changes and give feedback, it can be really painful if you invest a lot of effort and time in developing something and then people are not hat forgiving, keep in mind this is a free mod. 

Don't worry about player numbers, take the time to iron things out and people will flock to the server.

As for my feedback I have to say I've had more positive experiences with this server than I've ever had with Altis, on Altis I always worry that the person coming towards me is about to rob me, here I don't get that, people talk and help each other out, so keep up the good work.

My opinion on Tonoa,

I feel the need to grind is a good thing to have, today I was given a Tempest Device (Which should be lowered in price) it was the best thing that has happened. The lack of money on the island makes the community come together, PLF are a great example @Davelantoron my 3rd day saw I was on a quadbike and he offered me his offroad and it was the best feeling I got it helped me to grow. This Island requires teamwork which means new interactions with new players. I also feel more value to my life as today @TCK John Dillingerand his gang was robbing people and was actually really afraid to cross paths with him. If you want serious Roleplay you need that threat to be big. It is more realistic how out of 30 people only 3 where a threat. Its a shame that no one else plays the server, as I feel it is in a very good state for Roleplay. Within my 5 days of playing, I have came across about 10 armed people (Of which I was aware). However there is always room for improvement my suggestions:

Be able to buy quadbikes at £500 (at the airport)

lower level of hatchback to about 3 and price around 3k and other vehicles etc (Takes too long to earn money back that they cost you)

Lower trucks to cheaper prices around 10k for Boxer Truck etc (Takes too long to earn money back that they cost you)

Increase selling price of all trades but not by too much (Drugs should be alot more higher)

Add more whitelisted roles or licensed jobs

Do something abit more with borders, and at airport.

Add BA (add bit more to islands to keep them active)

Get rid of defibs and add medics in (Overpriced and too unfair on solo players)

These are all my personal Opinions!

I'd love to start playing more on Tanoa and will start too. When I first started on tanoa when it came out it was fun to start with but then it got bland mainly because there was nothing interesting going on and not enough player interaction mainly because they too focused on grinding. 

I also think that Tanoa should start getting the white listed factions like NHS / UNMC / Transport  to make it more lively.     Police side think NCA / NPAS should be added so we can get more cops interested.  Wage should be increased to reasonable levels.     

In overall I think we should start adding love to the Tanoa and give it a chance as we have done with Altis because we are not giving it a chance and I personally do not want to see it gone down the shitter.   

Back