What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why is nobody on the Tanoa sever

To be honest that makes no sense.

If you read what I said, even Altis had less than 60 players a time ago. And even then some people were complaining.
And if you want to read the forum history, people always manage to complain about the smallest things.

So suggestions, and FEEDBACK from the community is what have made ALUK/RPUK be able to grow and get to the state we are in today, together with a management and staff team who are willing to spend countless hours (for free!!!) to get things right, balanced and fair for the player base.
And Rome was not built in a day.

And saying that you appriciate what they have done, but saying "not many people like Tanoa" makes no sense.
Why dont "they" like it, what is wrong, what would you change, what do you suggest to help it into a playable state, insted of demanding a "drastic update" ?

And moving Altis framework over to Tanoa is not the goal at all. Tanoa is supposed to be different as I understand.
So again patience young padawan.

So what you think is moving the Altis framework over to Tanoa, and just play it like that will work.
It might do, but it wont create something new, something thats not seen, something thats special from other places, something that can be unique just to RPUK.
Something that can get new players, and improving the general player base in the community.
And tbh Altis is not near the state it was some time ago, and the RP is slowly fading out in my opinion.

What give me and ALOT of other players motivation to keep playing Tanoa, is that we (THE COMMUNITY) are asked to play it, come with feedback, and HELP developing Tanoa together with the Dev team and rest of the staff here at RPUK.
We are able to make a difference, and help them develop something we all can like.

So again, try do something about it, not stop playing and wait. Thats the thing that help the least, and is not helping anyone.
Cause thats just gonna make it a longer wait, untill it all is tested, worked on and finished.
 To be honest it makes perfect sense. We as a community respect the values and morals that RPUK staff have in bringing us new content consistently and listening to our opinions, but we as a majority just don't think that the current system is the right way to go. There is a difference between being honest and being rude and If we didn't have any respect for RPUK we would've let it die a long time ago. Furthermore, I just don't think u have recognized that the majority of core players do not share the same view point as you. You don't provide any substantial backing to your claims and in comparison this thread represents  the majority's alternative opinion in comparison to yours. If you bother to read most of the replies they show that most people believe that the Tanoa system is too harsh to sustain a play base. Arguing a claim that u think to have the majority support of the community is the thing that I just can't understand. Sadly for you, the majority opinion will always outweigh the minority because the majority drives interest on the server. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm.. so i have not read everything as there is so much already.. 

I do want to point out just a few facts that people are forgetting about Tanoa..

Lets start with the simple Beginning.

Welcome To Tanoa!

A island build outside big factions. A plase were Military and Swat teams are not needed.

A plase were Technology is poor and were Everyone needs to work Hard to get there bread and meat on the table.

Tanoa is in No way comparable with Altis.  Anyone asking for something similar to Altis has jumped on the Rong plane. 

If you want to run Drugs like a Maffia Gang join Altis.

If you want to shoot with Cops/rebels and rob banks with still millions on your bank join Altis. 

Tanoa is a Civil Island, Officer walk around with Tazers instead of a loaded Mk20

Drugs is very hard as criminals are 'rare' on sush a civil island. 

Tanoa is a island were you need to work your ass of to get something. 

A simple example..

I joined as Civ. I rented a offroad and received some beginners help from PLF. I made 3k in the first 2 hours. Then as i was almost going to put the money in my bank i got robed and lost everthing and dropped down to 300£ 

I restarted a few days later.. loaned a quadbike and starting with some sugar and picking mango. It toke me for ever but im back to 1k. This was my first week. I now own a Bus licence and are able to drive people around. I have contact with PLF and are able to rent a car. Do some Copper and get some more money. 

Its Not suppose to be easy.. 

Its suppose to be a Roleplay of Life.

Easy = Altis.  The real deal = Tanoa.

Decide for yourself what you want to 'play' 

As for the titel.. Why is there no one on Tanoa.. well i think they decided ;)

Developers Thank you for all the hard work you guys put in this. 

Members of Tanao. Thank you for enjoying this awsome island. 

O almost forgot.. ;)

"Your a cop, you get 50£ every 15 min"

Not true.. when i joined it was changed so we ( police ) dont receive that much money at all. 

Hm.. so i have not read everything as there is so much already.. 

I do want to point out just a few facts that people are forgetting about Tanoa..

Lets start with the simple Beginning.

Welcome To Tanoa!

A island build outside big factions. A plase were Military and Swat teams are not needed.

A plase were Technology is poor and were Everyone needs to work Hard to get there bread and meat on the table.

Tanoa is in No way comparable with Altis.  Anyone asking for something similar to Altis has jumped on the Rong plane. 

If you want to run Drugs like a Maffia Gang join Altis.

If you want to shoot with Cops/rebels and rob banks with still millions on your bank join Altis. 

Tanoa is a Civil Island, Officer walk around with Tazers instead of a loaded Mk20

Drugs is very hard as criminals are 'rare' on sush a civil island. 

Tanoa is a island were you need to work your ass of to get something. 

A simple example..

I joined as Civ. I rented a offroad and received some beginners help from PLF. I made 3k in the first 2 hours. Then as i was almost going to put the money in my bank i got robed and lost everthing and dropped down to 300£ 

I restarted a few days later.. loaned a quadbike and starting with some sugar and picking mango. It toke me for ever but im back to 1k. This was my first week. I now own a Bus licence and are able to drive people around. I have contact with PLF and are able to rent a car. Do some Copper and get some more money. 

Its Not suppose to be easy.. 

Its suppose to be a Roleplay of Life.

Easy = Altis.  The real deal = Tanoa.

Decide for yourself what you want to 'play' 

As for the titel.. Why is there no one on Tanoa.. well i think they decided ;)

Developers Thank you for all the hard work you guys put in this. 

Members of Tanao. Thank you for enjoying this awsome island. 

O almost forgot.. ;)

"Your a cop, you get 50£ every 15 min"

Not true.. when i joined it was changed so we ( police ) dont receive that much money at all. 
I'm just really confused now because every post I see from staff seems to be discrimating against people who play Altis life instead of Tanoa. Lots of people put effort into making Altis a fun place to be as well. Is there something wrong w/ Altis people that we should know about? Because your post seems so passive aggressive towards the Altis society?

@Hawkfrosty 

He buddy. No i dont have anything against Altis. Its were i played for a good year and i still love it!

People are willing to see Tanoa as Altis. I think most Staff members are trying to tell that its not possible as Tanoa is not Altis. This might be why it shows that way but i can assure you..

Altis is as good as Tanoa. Its different and some are likely to like Tanoa more then altis and the otherway around.

I personally like Tanoa more then Altis.

@Hawkfrosty 

He buddy. No i dont have anything against Altis. Its were i played for a good year and i still love it!

People are willing to see Tanoa as Altis. I think most Staff members are trying to tell that its not possible as Tanoa is not Altis. This might be why it shows that way but i can assure you..

Altis is as good as Tanoa. Its different and some are likely to like Tanoa more then altis and the otherway around.

I personally like Tanoa more then Altis.
Personally I like this way of explaining it more than the one is easier than the other crap. It all comes down to the fact that each will shine in their own individual way and we should be glad that we have options available to us rather than calling one another out 

I do wish people would refrain from 'speaking for the majority' on this thread, or making assumptions that are based entirely on their own experiences. I'm getting just a tad sick of it, and it's making me want to stop wasting 20 hours a day coding this damned game.

I also don't want to hear any more "we ain't coming back until there is major update, drastic this, super that, Altis the other.' Especially when 'we' really means 'I'.

We (as in the development team) have worked EVERY SINGLE DAY to bring new features, fix old Altis bugs and exploits (yeah, Altis is FULL of exploits, and we all know that some players LOVE using them and think they are something special because they know how to glitch and cheat vs the noobs - but that does not make it great gameplay).  We bring you new economy re-balances almost every other day, or as soon as we have had time to observe the effects of the last re-balance (there is no point trying to fiddle with a spinning fan - you sometimes have to leave it to settle before you can really tell whether changing something had the desired effect).

In short, I am so fed up with the moaning and whining, and the ultimatums. If you really don't ever think you're ever going to visit Tanoa, because you just want to play Altis, that is fine - but please don't feel the need to contribute here in this thread. My intention with building Tanoa is NOT to make all Altis players feel 100% happy and enable them to just keep trucking along with the same old tricks, glitches, methods and powerbases that they had before. Tanoa is a new place - a different place - and it will doubtless evolve differently, assuming that we are able to make traction and garner enough of a playerbase. Initial observations do indeed indicate that we are turning the corner and getting the balances right. We always knew (and indeed I said) right at the start that the numbers balances would be off, and it galls me to see so many people whining so hard about this in completely unhelpful ways - when I did explain that the game engine was constructed from the old RPUK AltisLife core in EIGHT FUCKING DAYS. Far from feeling like I have achieved something quite marvellous, I am feeling like I wasted four hundred and twenty hours solid, banging the keys, and my head, to bring us a Tanoa server after Noms did a runner. I'm almost beginning to think I know why he ran.

Now... before anyone gets rude or twitchy about me making ultimatums (I am not), or running from a fight (I'm not)... I do want to make it clear that right now, I am ONLY interested to hear CONSTRUCTIVE feedback in a politely-worded form, or I shall be sticking my fingers in my ears and yelling 'na-na-nah' whilst asking the forum-admins to kick some arse. I don't want to hear a single word about 'on Altis this is xyz much we need it on Tanoa', or 'We don't like an XP system and we don't like it that drugs are considered bad on Tanoa' - because the 'realistic' economy is a core part of the game on Tanoa, as is the system which regards illegal activities as 'bad', thereby causing you to have to THINK more about what bad things you do, and how many of them, in order to maintain access to your hardcore gear, or your convenient spawns. The XP system works like an 'automatic ASBO'... drug-dealers and crummy hobos have to work much harder to get to the big towns where they will murder, rape, mug and kill - that is INTENTIONAL, and derives very much from the mayhem we see in Kavala, and a desire to do something different in Tanoa. We *want* it to be tougher for the VDMing first-spawn hobo to get to Georgetown and ply his trade of pointless, inconvenient, non-RP death. That shit will (hopefully) stay at the airport, and be dealt with by airport cops (if we can gather a force together - either from old Altis cops, or new ones, if it has to be). The big towns are intended to be like more realistic towns - not warzones. We do not want you to have to wall-scrape your way around town like a ninja, as you do in Kavala, if you seek not to be killed or robbed at every turn. We want you to be able to walk to the shops to get a tin of beans, or catch the bus, like a NORMAL human being - to meet people and say hello, to make friends, or have fisticuffs and make enemies... which of course will roll out into much bigger fights or friendships when you are OUT of town and on the road, or in the jungle.

We have already made some far-impacting changes to the economy, and the spawn-system - and even created a whole new Hobo Town, which enables those hobos who *are* proving themselves as early workers and developing starters to have a place to call 'hometown', once they have done a tiny bit of grind. It ain't Georgetown, but it's a nicer and safer place than the airport, for sure! Cars are cheaper, by far, and there are many more vehicles showing up on the island now. Roleplay is developing nicely, and people are beginning to form teams or gangs, and - just as we predicted - some of the early adopters are becoming kings and princes here, and are controlling a lot of the underworld action.

Neo, I, and the rest of the dev-team are still very interested to hear feedback - but the kind of stuff we really need to know is 'how long XYZ took' and what you started with and ended up with. What the 'total loss' risks are, and how that affected you, if you ended up broke. Whether you were able to recover from that (this is so we can work out if we need to add a Welfare Desk at the Town Hall where utterly broke hobos can get a Government Grant in return for some sort of busy-work task or challenge, or even some humiliating RP that makes the citizens of Georgetown laugh - we'll see.

The hardest part of economy balancing is discovering how long every 'task' chain that we create, actually takes for a player to do. That, as I have said to others on TS, is the real 'currency' in the game - the player's time. The numbers for cash can be £1 or £100 or £1,000,000 - and really it all makes no difference at all, if the relative price for a tin of beans or a car is on the same scale. It all boils down to 'how long did it take to earn enough dosh to get a tin of beans, a bike, a car, a jeep, a boat, a heli, a GUN' - because these are the critical reward points that we know the players seek. We don't expect, nor would we honestly design it intentionally so that it took four hundred hours of gameplay netted you one tin of beans and a hat... but on first cut, it's very, very difficult to predict (especially in less than EIGHT DAYS) how long each job would physically take to achieve, or what the draw-down in terms of quadbike outlay or losses from crashes, map-glitches or simply pisspoor driving might actually work out at. Now, we are getting to a point where (thanks to a lot of helpful players who have given us their experiences in a less hostile, less entitled form of words) we are making the right kinds of tweaks and bringing the right 'risk-reward' profiles that we always hoped-for. I'm sure this will continue, especially as we add more features that are planned, and finally squash some of the longstanding exploits and glitches that existed in Altis.

So, please feel free to come to Tanoa, if you are brave and willing to try something new. Don't expect it to be Altis. Altis isn't going anywhere, so if that is the game you love most, and want to stay playing, nobody minds, and we still love you for being our Altis players. In fact, we would not want everyone to just 'ditch' Altis for Tanoa, because that would then mean our Altis servers were empty. We want Tanoa to be an alternative - a different pace - something else to play when you feel like a change. And we want Tanoa to attract NEW members to the Roleplay UK community, as well. There are still many thousands of ARMA3 players who have never tried the 'Life' experiences, or who may have found Altis too oppressive and dangerously imbalanced from the hobo point-of-view. Maybe they will prefer Tanoa's different slant?

Remember, then - on this thread, we're looking for QUALITY feedback. Not necessarily suggestions, and certainly not ultimatums, threats or whining entitlement and harsh criticism. Just honest feedback on how hard things might be - and put in terms of the time things took, the money it cost, lost or gained, and whether it was exciting, dangerous, too slow, too fast (please avoid emotionally charged words like 'boring' or 'shit'). Help us to find the right balances, and pretend for a moment that you are game-design engineers, and do a bit of honest deconstruction and analysis. If you don't feel you can do that, or if your idea of 'honest feedback' is to start telling the devs "what you NEED to do is this", or "this is crap because...", or "your server will be empty forever unless you do...", then please, don't bother posting at all. We will know your feelings already, simply because you are not present on the Tanoa server.

And to everyone who takes the time to give us feedback we can really take on board, judge, analyse and compare with other sensible feedback we're receiving, I thank you - from the bottom of my heart. We *will* make Tanoa a place that is as attractive as - but different to - Altis, with your help and support. 

me personally, i wait for the apex price to drop so i will be able to buy, might take a long time but it's worth it. there is a slight chance i could buy it right now and i dont know if there are performance differences so waiting on info for that too.

I have spent about 10-12 hours on Tanoa now. I am a fan of it being a challenge to make some money but i would like to give some examples where it does and doesn't work. 

Works:

Copper runs - if you are clever this seems well balanced. (I.E. Find a car not buy one)

Coconuts, mango etc... - all these starter ones are just about right IMO

Sugar - again the balance seems good. 

XP leveling system  - a few tweaks needed maybe, such as backpacks (remove requirements completely) but overall i think with the latest changes it works and means new Hobos can't just be given a Mil and go crazy.

Town locations - I think the spread is good and overall i have seen most of the main island in my day to day driving. 

Supermarket prices - I think these are good, you dont need to worry about being able to buy the food, coffee, pick locks etc but you wouldn't over buy them for no reason while low level. 

Doesn't work

Fishing - I love fishing, it is my favorite activity but i hate it on Tanoa. I saved up 8.5K to buy a licence and i boat. I then earned only £400 in my first hour. Lets say i get more efficient and can earn £500. That is 17 hours game play just to earn my money back!!!! I see that is was nerfed but i cannot for the life of me see why. The run is quick but the cash is terrible. Compare this to copper where i earn about £2000 an hour, the startup costs are around 15K if you buy a off road. thats 7 1/2 hours to get your money back, but here's the thing you can use the off road for other things you cant use the boat for fuck all else. 

Super markets - Please add one up north, only having 2 on the main island and them being very grouped is just annoying :), same with ATM's 

I only play casually and the only way i have found it viable to play is if i "find" a vehicle, i get that you need to be clever and all but if everyone has to do it then no one will buy one. (except PLF but i ain't dumb enough to steal one of their ones) 

foot note - By "find" you could assume i mean "steal" but i'm in the cops so that would not be OK. 

@Schweppeythanks for that feedback  - great to know that some of the changes we've made are already reaping dividends and becoming more balanced.

The fishing - hmm. Good points. I've done a lot of tweaking to the fishing to improve the actual gameplay, but the actual quantities of fish that catchable per run, and their prices, I haven't changed at all! They are the same as they always were - it's just that it is now not possible to eat ALL of your catch, an infinite number of times, in order to just go back to port with a boatload of the good stuff!

I think we'll need to increase the carry-weights of the boats considerably - I'll talk to the Economists about any knock-on effects this may have. I don't believe that changing the individual fish prices will necessarily be a good thing, but if you could bring back maybe five times the load, we'd perhaps be better off. You didn't say what type of boat you bought, btw... it would be useful to confirm. We will aim to get the smaller boats pay back their outlay costs, but not necessarily make you 'get-rich-quick' - but they need to scale well, so that the better boats pay off at a slighter better rate, and thus drive you onwards to buy them (or else what'd be the point in having them in the game!) Certainly the initial starting point seems too 'cliffy' though, and we'll work on that.

Also, the boat licence sounds too expensive - another one for me to discuss with the economists, I think. 

Your feedback is perfect for us to judge these kinds of rebalance... and very helpful, so a huge thank you.

As regards cars, I am told that it is now possible to purchase a hatchback, starting as a new hobo, and some clothes, and get to the Oumere spawn, all within one 4 hour period - and it'd be great to have that confirmed or denied by other current players. I'm not sure what method of money-making or experience-gathering was used, mind!

As regards supermarket up north - I think I agree - but @Wilcois the map guy and I don't like changing it without his permission - it's his pride and joy - so let's leave that one for him to decide. This may even turn out to be a moot point if/when we put markets and robbable shops into the fuel stations (no promises as to timescales though!)

You mentioned there weren't many other uses for a boat, and I'd say 'think outside the boat!'  There are - but most of them will involve RP and meeting other players. I hear a lot of people could use a ferryman over to the tobacco island, or a certain gentleman up north who buys naughty substances. A smart skipper might find a way to cut a deal and turn a blind eye, helping someone over the water... but of course it'd be risky, and you might simply end up losing your boat for a while, if you picked the wrong person to deal with. But that's part of the fun, ain't it? Meantime, we are slowly developing more reasons to use boats, and I hope to roll some of these out when we have cracked the start and middle-game balancing that is happening now.

@Schweppeythanks for that feedback  - great to know that some of the changes we've made are already reaping dividends and becoming more balanced.

The fishing - hmm. Good points. I've done a lot of tweaking to the fishing to improve the actual gameplay, but the actual quantities of fish that catchable per run, and their prices, I haven't changed at all! They are the same as they always were - it's just that it is now not possible to eat ALL of your catch, an infinite number of times, in order to just go back to port with a boatload of the good stuff!

I think we'll need to increase the carry-weights of the boats considerably - I'll talk to the Economists about any knock-on effects this may have. I don't believe that changing the individual fish prices will necessarily be a good thing, but if you could bring back maybe five times the load, we'd perhaps be better off. You didn't say what type of boat you bought, btw... it would be useful to confirm. We will aim to get the smaller boats pay back their outlay costs, but not necessarily make you 'get-rich-quick' - but they need to scale well, so that the better boats pay off at a slighter better rate, and thus drive you onwards to buy them (or else what'd be the point in having them in the game!) Certainly the initial starting point seems too 'cliffy' though, and we'll work on that.

Also, the boat licence sounds too expensive - another one for me to discuss with the economists, I think. 

Your feedback is perfect for us to judge these kinds of rebalance... and very helpful, so a huge thank you.

As regards cars, I am told that it is now possible to purchase a hatchback, starting as a new hobo, and some clothes, and get to the Oumere spawn, all within one 4 hour period - and it'd be great to have that confirmed or denied by other current players. I'm not sure what method of money-making or experience-gathering was used, mind!

As regards supermarket up north - I think I agree - but @Wilcois the map guy and I don't like changing it without his permission - it's his pride and joy - so let's leave that one for him to decide. This may even turn out to be a moot point if/when we put markets and robbable shops into the fuel stations (no promises as to timescales though!)

You mentioned there weren't many other uses for a boat, and I'd say 'think outside the boat!'  There are - but most of them will involve RP and meeting other players. I hear a lot of people could use a ferryman over to the tobacco island, or a certain gentleman up north who buys naughty substances. A smart skipper might find a way to cut a deal and turn a blind eye, helping someone over the water... but of course it'd be risky, and you might simply end up losing your boat for a while, if you picked the wrong person to deal with. But that's part of the fun, ain't it? Meantime, we are slowly developing more reasons to use boats, and I hope to roll some of these out when we have cracked the start and middle-game balancing that is happening now.
BOATS

@TinyBigJacko it was the rescue boat (the first one in the list) i believe, i think what you have said would be perfect, the weight of the fish scales to the backpacks perfectly in my eyes so making the boat capacity bigger would be amazing. If i were to try and buy the next boat up at the moment it would take me over 24 hours of gameplay, If the trunk size was x5 it would be more like 5 hours which to me sounds just about right. 

I'm going to keep notes on my future game play (times and money earned etc...) so ill post anything else i think might be useful. 

I would like to make the point that overall i am sooooo pleased with the game and the amazing work that has been put in. Thank you everyone involved. 

How about we make drugs worth a fortune, perhaps just temporarily. The last time i was on Tanoa was a few weeks ago so correct me if i'm wrong, but in the economy's current state (or at least how it was last i saw it) drugs are not worth it. The license is larger than that of legal alternatives, and the drugs themselves sell for less than diamonds or copper. This is because of the system prices drugs currently based on how many cops are online, meaning that drugs are always at their minimum price because cops are rarely on. Due to the fact that drugs are not worth the trip, cops have no criminals to catch because nobody does them. In short if the drug price gets boosted to quite a ridiculous level for a small while then we will see proper armed rebel cartels popping up in no time just like on Altis.  Unlike the current state where the biggest gang does diamonds, the police will actually have a reason to catch criminal scum. This will boost the amount of police as they will more frequently get into exciting situations giving them a reason to go on Tanoa. This would overall just increase rp a bit, hopefully giving it the temporary boost that it needs until things are fixed. Rebels would end up mosre often role playing because cops will catch them, and people like me would do illegal stuff just on the off chance of bumping into police. I know this isn't exactly the best of plans, but thank for taking the time to read it. 

Also I apologise if this idea has already been brought up, I have not read all the other suggestions.

Now I'm not gonna say I bought the DLC for nothing... but I've gotta admit, after playing on the sever for a couple days... I'm left wondering why I bought the DLC...

I've tried reading through most of the post and what needs to be said seems to have been, so here's hoping things change.... I really like the map, but the system in place is incredibly misinformed as to what creates RP and what is nothing but a bother. 

Forcing us to grind for hours upon hours before being able to equip ourselves for an RP session is definitely not my idea of fun.

People keep saying Altis is too easy... Yeah? well, it's because Atlis is as easy as it is that I don't have much of a problem spending 40-50 minutes gathering materials for a 20-30 minute RP session (prison jumpsuit, proper colored vechiles, tools/items [a HMMT full of planks or logs for example])...etc...

Tanoa has all ALL of it's RP devices placed behind artificial restrictions that means I have no choice but to RP as a hobo for days/weeks/months (depending on my playstyle), before I even have the option of getting setup for an RP session like I do on Altis.

Sorry, beautiful idea, horrible execution.

I know it's been about a month since Neo said that it's too easy to get money/guns/trucks on Altis, but considering the result of the other end of that spectrum (an empty server), I think we can easily tell which approach is the correct one for promoting RP, and which one needs to go join the Eve Online gaming community (hours upon hours of grinding that lead up to a short incident of "action").  

I used to spend 4-6 hours a night grinding on Altis.... On Tanoa I spend about 90 minutes on a quadbike running sugar and still can't even buy a decent backpack...  /pass

P.S.  Let's keep in mind that your average Life player will only be around for a couple of months at a time...  It should be possible for people to reach End Game in 1-2 months... It should not be expected for people to spend hundreds of hours grinding before they can even start doing things like bank jobs (which is ultimately end game... face it... I know RP is the theme, but the game [Armed Assault] is a combat simulator and ultimately why people pay to play).  

This Tanoa was made by someone who wants to have a huge community of people who wish to emulate the daily grind of life, in-game.

Sorry bud, nobody loves to live this way enough to do simulate it.

Just returned to see if anything has changed and all i can see is... What a great legacy that Neo has left himself ... an empty tanoa server - because he was too self-righteous to listen to what people wanted, and forum muted people who tried to help him see sense. He fucked it up then fucked off. Its unfortunate that a less volatile and more respectful set of the staff team was not in charge of this venture!

Its a shame and quite infuriating actually that all that work has gone effectively to waste with the server nearly always empty. When i say all the work, i mean the devs, but mainly the work of everyone giving great ideas which were ignored... Along with the money of people who bought the DLC for the purpose of playing this server because they had faith in the staff (i know a majority has done). 

All we* wanted was a port of altis to the new island with new names for things and new vehicles/weps, honestly, it wasn't that hard to not cock up with so many players ready to back it. 

*we being the general community from what i have read from posts, votes etc ever since the apex expansion was confirmed and the tanoa forums made. 

Just returned to see if anything has changed and all i can see is... What a great legacy that Neo has left himself ... an empty tanoa server - because he was too self-righteous to listen to what people wanted, and forum muted people who tried to help him see sense. He fucked it up then fucked off. Its unfortunate that a less volatile and more respectful set of the staff team was not in charge of this venture!

You know it's easy for you to talk smack when the man poured two years of his life into RPUK and left on his own terms and he can't be here to defend himself.
Neo was never in charge of the Tanoa venture, it was a team development effort. In fact all Neo was in charge of was the data for the economy which was changed after the community suggested it. There is no one to blame, the development team tried something different, it didn't work.

Also the Tanoa map itself really is not anything special in my opinion. The buildings look half assed, the towns have no organization to them, and the fact that they slapped a big price tag on something that could have easily been a mod created by a third party.

My 2 cents

hello dev team the reason im not playing on tanoa is that there is rarerly over 20 players online and thats way to few i just Think that everybody needs to give tanoa a second shot thats it tanoa right now is actually really god we just need a event to get everybody on the server at the same time so we can realiese how good rp you can get

Also the Tanoa map itself really is not anything special in my opinion. The buildings look half assed, the towns have no organization to them, and the fact that they slapped a big price tag on something that could have easily been a mod created by a third party.

My 2 cents
I would disagree. I love the Tanoa map, and everything just feels more alive than Altis does. Big skyscrapers, multi-laned roads, roundabouts (freaking roundabouts dude!), not to mention several airports and runways that are decently spread out across the map that allow better air travel, and many many islands that can only be reached by air or sea - making boats more useful.

Personally, I love it.

I would disagree. I love the Tanoa map, and everything just feels more alive than Altis does. Big skyscrapers, multi-laned roads, roundabouts (freaking roundabouts dude!), not to mention several airports and runways that are decently spread out across the map that allow better air travel, and many many islands that can only be reached by air or sea - making boats more useful.

Personally, I love it.
I agree with both of you, however remember Altis is based on a Greek island, and Tanoa is not.

The cities in Tanoa do look a bit cheap and tacky but everything else is pretty good imo 👍

hello dev team the reason im not playing on tanoa is that there is rarerly over 20 players online and thats way to few i just Think that everybody needs to give tanoa a second shot thats it tanoa right now is actually really god we just need a event to get everybody on the server at the same time so we can realiese how good rp you can get
This seems to be a common theme. Why don't you just go and play on Tanoa, regardless of how many people are there? The more people that go on, the more others will be attracted to it!

If there are only 20 people that are on the server, and you go there, now there are 21. Maybe now you say to a couple of your friends that you are on Tanoa and they should join in? Now there are 23. Some other cops see that people are playing on it: 25. Civs see that there are cops on: 30. Those civs bring their friends: 40.

You see what I'm saying? Tanoa can only grow by people actively going on to it. 

Back