What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why is nobody on the Tanoa sever

again, as I said, it's being looked into today. People need a bit of patience. Whilst this new system has worked for some, most people have looked at it and thought "i need to actually move my ass to get somewhere in life?.....in a life server????.... pffft, lets play on RDM Server #72"

I've needed figures and information.

Getting "It aint working pal" doesn't solve anything... my experience of play is different to yours, lots of peoples experiences along with hard facts paint a beautiful picture....

painting shit just looks like shit.
if this is the response from the dev in charge of the server no wonder it is losing most of its player base, he obviously doesn't understand the people that would play the server, people dont want to work a second job just to play the game.

if this is the response from the dev in charge of the server no wonder it is losing most of its player base, he obviously doesn't understand the people that would play the server, people dont want to work a second job just to play the game.
With respect, I'm not the dev in charge, I'm the one who's wrote thousands of values to make the economy work, and yes, i admit, its "too hard" for the common player... to be fair, it's also a "life server" £400 for a cup of tea sounds silly too if you think about it....

All I've asked for, is peoples feedback with information of WHAT is too hard, not "this is not good enough, fix it"... what do i fix? maybe I personally like it difficult, a lot don't, some do... its finding a balance.

What I said above is essentially true, if people give real suggestions, we can be very dynamic with this economy.

The "painting shit just looks like shit" is also true, just foully worded... when you've spent 12 hours re-writing a load of prices, weights, levels, and then making scripts to have it "easily updated" in the future BASED ON FEEDBACK, and all you're getting is:

I don't know about anyone else but I don't play as Civ because of the crappy grind at the start. 
No offence to bubba, his second line (cut off in the quote) is essentially helpful, but this first one is "Where's the grind? What's holding you back? What would make it more fun without making it too easy at the same time?" etc etc...

I know people can do it, I've got about 20 applications providing feedback that's actually amazing. but in this thread its mostly the same sentence "the grind" "not worth it"... 

I apologize for my "RDM Server #72" comment, but my first views were of a lot of comments asking "why can't i get a gun?"....... and that itself paints some pictures.

Yesterday was a very stressful day, and when people are saying "look for another server" instead of helping with this one, it makes you sit here and think... 

"Have i wasted the last week of my life on something people don't even care to help fix?"

This is OUR server..... Not mine, Not Wilco's, Not Eds, its ours, everyone here volunteers their time on the server, some people dontate their finances here, others more time in volunteering their development skills, helping others, maintaining the servers, etc, etc...

We are all 1 big team.... and the design focus is not be a sheep and follow the heard, but make the game WORTH playing, giving you a reason to come back and "work" away and roleplay with people you meet....

I'm sorry for my attitude yesterday. I hope you can understand and respect why I was upset (salty) with the comments flooding in.

I'm sorry for my attitude yesterday. I hope you can understand and respect why I was upset (salty) with the comments flooding in.
Personally, I understand the feeling of wondering if you've wasted your time. For the most part, it's a thankless job and people won't recognise the effort put into making a game work. I do believe there's feedback in this thread, and while the majority may just be people complaining, it's still feedback all the same. It gives those of us who want to propose solutions a starting point. 

Either way; I hope that the work you put in yesterday and the past week is reflected in-game soon. I can't wait to see what's being cooked up!

Personally, I understand the feeling of wondering if you've wasted your time. For the most part, it's a thankless job and people won't recognise the effort put into making a game work. I do believe there's feedback in this thread, and while the majority may just be people complaining, it's still feedback all the same. It gives those of us who want to propose solutions a starting point. 

Either way; I hope that the work you put in yesterday and the past week is reflected in-game soon. I can't wait to see what's being cooked up!
I agree, since my initial rants, some suggestions are great...

as for defibs "bugging out" Please ensure there's a report on the forums for this!

Yesterday was a good day, i have 95 changes in the change logs.

Most of yesterday was writing up new scripts(macros) so any future changes were quick to implement.

I dont plan on settling with the figures, as the island grows and expands, I want the prices to reflect....

New town added? must be more demand for wood & copper pipes!

lot of trucks being bought? Iron goes up

Lots of people on the island, some food values go up?

Everyone starts getting fat? Sugar tax!

etc, etc.

I agree, since my initial rants, some suggestions are great...

as for defibs "bugging out" Please ensure there's a report on the forums for this!

Yesterday was a good day, i have 95 changes in the change logs.

Most of yesterday was writing up new scripts(macros) so any future changes were quick to implement.

I dont plan on settling with the figures, as the island grows and expands, I want the prices to reflect....

New town added? must be more demand for wood & copper pipes!

lot of trucks being bought? Iron goes up

Lots of people on the island, some food values go up?

Everyone starts getting fat? Sugar tax!

etc, etc.
I really like this in terms of rp. Any chance we could have a news section added like in Elite Dangerous? Maybe via your phone and admins can post RP articles which include information about spikes and dips in market prices, infamous gangs coming up on the island, crime statistics, and other such information? 

Could maybe have a white listed reporter faction which spawn at Tanoa News (or whatever it's called) and drive about in a van and press vests gathering quotes and writing the stories. 

Actually; I've posted this as a new suggestion so as to not saturate this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence to bubba, his second line (cut off in the quote) is essentially helpful, but this first one is "Where's the grind? What's holding you back? What would make it more fun without making it too easy at the same time?" etc etc...

I know people can do it, I've got about 20 applications providing feedback that's actually amazing. but in this thread its mostly the same sentence "the grind" "not worth it"... 

I apologize for my "RDM Server #72" comment, but my first views were of a lot of comments asking "why can't i get a gun?"....... and that itself paints some pictures.

*Cut down for viewing pleasure*
I wasn't planning on leaving feedback Neo. I merely answered the question asked at the start with a personal reason why I don't play. If I had played the Tanoa server more I would give better feedback but since I haven't played as much as other civs it's near impossible for me to give useful feedback.

To answer those specific questions asked there:

The grind is at the start, Level 1-5 where you can't even buy a quadbike. You rent one for $250 then you have to make that money back with the quadbike or you have lost money. So you spend an hour to get your $250 back and you're back at the start, but this time with a quadbike. This means if you want to actually make money you have to start at the start of a server restart otherwise the restart will get in the way. (I'm not sure about toolkits if they come with quadbikes or not) Originally toolkits didn't come with quadbikes so if you crashed that was it $250 down the drain because some other idiot driver was on the wrong side of the road.

Holding you back is playtime. I want to be able to start where I left off, meaning if I bought a vehicle it will be there rather than the rental get destroyed. Making level 1-5 more fun would be difficult unless you can do it in cool ways such as an actual driving test where you are teleported to a location and have to drive around a track without knocking cones over, afterwards you get xp and your licence. The same could be done with a boating licence. The reason Altis was so fun was because I could have a pistol and decide to rob somebody if I came across and didn't like them, there was an uncertainty in if he had friends or a weapon, and If i'd get the drugs he was transporting or would I die. In Tanoa you are robbed or you aren't. You can't rob anyone for a long long time unless you have friends who give you weapons.

Although you have made an excellent Tanoa server which reflects real life very well with working for your money and gaining experience allows you to get batter opportunities, and you've worked your ass off to get this system working well, It isn't what the majority of people want, as seen by the comments here and on other posts.

Yes, there should be a small grind at the start, but when you move from a well established home to a place like Tanoa (Moving abroad in real life) you ensure you have enough money to last a week or so. Having only £5000 at the start of the game and being unable to purchase anything that actually belongs to you is insane because you won't even be able to afford clothes, which every person will take many of if they move aborad.

Suggestion 1 - Increase starting cash.

Suggestion 2 - Allow users to buy Quadbikes at the start of the game, and have a vehicle garage at the Airport.

In Tanoa you start the game as a hobo in the worst clothes possible, why? This sets the standard for the start of the game. If you want quality roleplay, people want to be able to customize themselves to look apart from the ordinary. When I first came to Altis I went to buy clothes and a backpack to make myself stand out and look different from everyone in Civ clothes.

Suggestion 3 - Don't start the game in bandit clothes, use civ clothes and have a clothing store nearby to allow individual expression of their roleplay character. 

Now I can't say much about the price of runs of legal and illegal items, but from what I hear it is taking people far too many runs to get the money they need and they're all doing the same, diamond. Increase the money you get from everything. Although you don't want it to be the same as Altis, people play on life servers to have material objects and to use them. In Altis people enjoy having their own pistol, knowing they can defend themselves rather than being helpless should somebody come with a weapon like Tanoa is. As much as we would like to make it similar to real life we can't because we can't include grabbing, knives, fistfights and throwing objects which people would do in real life if they were in some of the situations that happen here.

Suggestion 4 - Make it easier to get a pistol.

As a final note, we are a roleplaying server, however the majority of the people that come here don't come to roleplay 24/7, we play a military simulator because we enjoy gunfights, tactics and working in a team to defeat an enemy. Just look in the past 2 days I've been working and only managed to play for 3/4 of a restart each day. I got into around 6 Large gunfights and a few more minor ones. 

One thing is, you can't expect people to value their life when it takes hours to make money to buy anything, people will value their gear - which imo is understandable! 

i like the new server, yes it involves alot of grinding which can get tedious but at the end of the day I've found myself doing alot of thing's very differently, For example I'm alot more vigilant with my money as there isnt alot whereas on altis i might aswell run round throwing it out the car window...i also like the fact that ive played it for roughly 8 hours and haven't been robbed once (due to level restrictions on buying guns) whereas i logged into altis and got robbed in the first 5 minutes...the way i see it is altis was a good start for roleplay but give tanoa a few month and it will be the best roleplay server out there

Here's my ideas!

Selling prices of everything doubled!

rebel should cost triple but weapons stay the same price 

For the police wages I think it should work by rank, work hard to achieve your rank and get rewarded 

pcso - £50

pc - £75

spc - £100

sgt - £125

dsgt - £150 

ins - £175

di+ - £200

but make it every 20 minutes.

vehicles cheaper. 

not losing XP from drug runs, from my year on altis I can say some of my most fun and interesting rp was doing drugs!

i also agree with @Banana Duckwith the Georgetown spawn as hobos make everyone happy

@Neo

lets be honest, I've seen cops giving BRAND NEW PLAYERS a million.... I've seen random people doing it.... I've seen support in the past show someone around, literally paying for everything, and letting them keep the money at the end of whatever run they were doing.....

Altis is easymode.... People are too used to easymode... I'm not saying it should be impossibly hard, but people honestly don't sense achievement as a result.
We came to ALUK because we like what you guys had given Altis to offer. Why change the system if the system is what the community supports? We love ALUK because of it and there involvement in the community 

lets be honest, I've seen cops giving BRAND NEW PLAYERS a million.... I've seen random people doing it.... I've seen support in the past show someone around, literally paying for everything, and letting them keep the money at the end of whatever run they were doing.....

Altis is easymode.... People are too used to easymode... I'm not saying it should be impossibly hard, but people honestly don't sense achievement as a result.
We came to ALUK because we like what you guys had given Altis to offer. Why change the system if the system is what the community supports? We love ALUK because of it and there involvement in the community 

Some things are really wrong there, 1 thing is the lvl system, LVL 60 to have a Carryall Backpack? wow, also the civ plane, need way to much lvl.

Not to talk about the grind... People have a real life, i'm not spending 8 hours in a day playing... I have work and stuff to do... I will take like 1 year to have a Hemmt or a plane? lol
#needaPHDtocarryabackpack

The goal is not to create a new Altis, but to create Tanoa.
And it will need some time to get in place, same as altis needed.

I still remember 65/80 slot server that wasnt even full at all times, and just thinking it will be 3 servers would be crazy.
And people raging when it got sat to 100 players cause "it was no need for that" well look now 2 years later....

What he asks for is feedback, what you do there @Hawkfrostyis not helping out in any way.
Alltis is Altis, Tanoa will be Tanoa

Changes and new content is always needed, and ofc its gonna need time to get in place as everything else in the world

Imo I would be more happy with altis life on the Tanoa life. I know people are going to say "But you can get guns and cars so fast! There is no RP." If there was no RP on a life server the server would be dead, just like Tanoa currently is. 

(I know this won't happen, but my opinion is, just bring back altis econemy and skill system. Tanoa is currently grind grind grind with no RP.)

I still remember 65/80 slot server that wasnt even full at all times, and just thinking it will be 3 serverswould be crazy.
And people raging when it got sat to 100 players cause "it was no need for that" well look now 2 years later....

What he asks for is feedback, what you do there @Hawkfrostyis not helping out in any way.

Changes and new content is always needed, and ofc its gonna need time to get in place as everything else in the world

And I really do want Tanoa to be Tanoa, I just think that the majority of the community enjoyed many factors of Altis Life that could have been carried over into Tanoa Life in a reformed way adding new and interesting ways to RP. It's just that at the moment the Tanoa server feels like a different community in comparison to the rest of ALUK. 

I would also voice my ideas but I think others have voiced them better than I could.

And finally, I made my last post after reading someones post (about painting with shit) that really offended me because it is disrespectful to all the people who do put so much love into Altis. Personally, I have always found the hustle and bustle of people gearing up for drug runs or heading out into Altis engaging as well as helping to create the sense of a living world. So many people doing so many different things. The world is at your finger tips.

I still remember 65/80 slot server that wasnt even full at all times, and just thinking it will be 3 servers would be crazy.

To be honest, you can just look at player stats. People like altis. And in its current state, not many people like Tanoa. As I have said before, I appreciate everything the Dev team has done to us, but 90 percent of long time players I have asked have said they won't return until there is a DRASTIC update.

My guess:

People dislike the new system (50%)

People cant run Tanoa with high enough FPS to be enjoy RP (20%)

People are on vacation because of summer break etc. (20%)

People cant afford the DLC (10%)

To be honest, you can just look at player stats. People like altis. And in its current state, not many people like Tanoa. As I have said before, I appreciate everything the Dev team has done to us, but 90 percent of long time players I have asked have said they won't return until there is a DRASTIC update.
To be honest that makes no sense.

If you read what I said, even Altis had less than 60 players a time ago. And even then some people were complaining.
And if you want to read the forum history, people always manage to complain about the smallest things.

So suggestions, and FEEDBACK from the community is what have made ALUK/RPUK be able to grow and get to the state we are in today, together with a management and staff team who are willing to spend countless hours (for free!!!) to get things right, balanced and fair for the player base.
And Rome was not built in a day.

And saying that you appriciate what they have done, but saying "not many people like Tanoa" makes no sense.
Why dont "they" like it, what is wrong, what would you change, what do you suggest to help it into a playable state, insted of demanding a "drastic update" ?

And moving Altis framework over to Tanoa is not the goal at all. Tanoa is supposed to be different as I understand.
So again patience young padawan.

And I really do want Tanoa to be Tanoa, I just think that the majority of the community enjoyed many factors of Altis Life that could have been carried over into Tanoa Life in a reformed way adding new and interesting ways to RP. It's just that at the moment the Tanoa server feels like a different community in comparison to the rest of ALUK. 

I would also voice my ideas but I think others have voiced them better than I could.

And finally, I made my last post after reading someones post (about painting with shit) that really offended me because it is disrespectful to all the people who do put so much love into Altis. Personally, I have always found the hustle and bustle of people gearing up for drug runs or heading out into Altis engaging as well as helping to create the sense of a living world. So many people doing so many different things. The world is at your finger tips.
So what you think is moving the Altis framework over to Tanoa, and just play it like that will work.
It might do, but it wont create something new, something thats not seen, something thats special from other places, something that can be unique just to RPUK.
Something that can get new players, and improving the general player base in the community.
And tbh Altis is not near the state it was some time ago, and the RP is slowly fading out in my opinion.

What give me and ALOT of other players motivation to keep playing Tanoa, is that we (THE COMMUNITY) are asked to play it, come with feedback, and HELP developing Tanoa together with the Dev team and rest of the staff here at RPUK.
We are able to make a difference, and help them develop something we all can like.

So again, try do something about it, not stop playing and wait. Thats the thing that help the least, and is not helping anyone.
Cause thats just gonna make it a longer wait, untill it all is tested, worked on and finished.

A few friends and I are joining this weekend and we dont mind getting pulled over as long as the cops are funny, like some altis cops are really funny and really good at thier jobs, like bob, Billy is a bad cop and sends you to jail for being ziptied and robbed.

Be like Bob. Bob is smart.

Also, plz make a faster starting vehicle. Those quads are so slow and the map is so big...drove a good few hours to the sugercane fields around the map to only be blown up by a random abandend car in the road....

Back