What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why is nobody on the Tanoa sever

Time is money, money is gear, gear is love gear is life.
Don't misunderstand me, I do tend to think money is a bit too easy on Altis.  However I think game-play options delivered through map layout, areas for gang control, player crafting and economy work better than a level and money grind.

I am also not someone that will moan without offering to help.  I am not a coder, but I do have a lot of experience as an old style closed beta tester and can offer useful ideas and constructive feedback on systems.  I would be happy to have a discussion with the team to see if I can be of help.

Many people are talking about how hard it is. tbh i love it. altis got boring very quickly for me. atleast the farming part.

i like tanoa because there is actually something to achieve. there's difference between the hobo's and more skilled peole who try to make their way up to the ladder. in altis it's just buy a gun and be done. especially with the 50% discount everything is so cheap. but i like that about altis. the thing with altis life is i can hop on when ever i want. just to drive around kavala and look for some rp.

Many people are talking about how hard it is. tbh i love it. altis got boring very quickly for me. atleast the farming part.

i like tanoa because there is actually something to achieve. there's difference between the hobo's and more skilled peole who try to make their way up to the ladder. in altis it's just buy a gun and be done. especially with the 50% discount everything is so cheap. but i like that about altis. the thing with altis life is i can hop on when ever i want. just to drive around kavala and look for some rp.
Regardless, 9 players on a sunday afternoon, 25ish players on a saturday night.

You can climb the ladder as much as you want, but when you look down there will be nothing below it in time.

Regardless, 9 players on a sunday afternoon, 25ish players on a saturday night.

You can climb the ladder as much as you want, but when you look down there will be nothing below it in time.
Well yes, that's true. however i like the system. it def needs tweaking but i hope they don't make it as easy as altis.

but yeah , the player count is a bummer. but that's also because apex is fairly expensive and people are waiting for sale. im sure it will get bigger. rome wasn't build in one day.

And the way things are, where anyone can get a million and buy a rifle. I respect its difficult, but once you pass a few million, what else is there to achieve?

There's zero value of life on Altis.... because there is so much money and the only restriction is NLR....

There's no real endgame in Altis... you've got everything on day one.....

I could go on and on...
What about a money cap? surely that's not hard to add is it?

I Think the low player count is a huge circle of people saying i dont like "X" so im not going to play it.  Im not very keen on playing tanoa because i play as a civ for the police, i enjoy trying to get away with as much as i can with police, so i need police to play. SOME police play more for the gunfight and the "thrill" of the chase, i dont think they will play because they have nothing to chase. Civs are to afraid to do anything illegal because its cost so much. Police need civs and civs need police. Last night for parts of the 8 oclock restart there was 0 cops on tanoa. Altis had 30 and cops waiting for slots in the lobby, I understand there was some sort of war/assault on the unmc but i dont believe that was why they were on altis. For every player that says im not playing because of "X" another player stops playing because of "X".

If only we knew what "X" was.....

The only thing plf have shown is that if you have a big gang and grind for bloody hours on end you might be able to get a boat...

The community is telling you exactly what it wants, the staff need to stop being so defensive over the ideas which frankly aren't working at all and start mitigating the losses. 

Sorry, but obviously, this tanoa design isn't ever going to survive. 
Agreed, I've reserved my comments for a while, but its got to the point where something drastic has to happen or people will never return, first impressions matter

Stats and general public opinion doesn't lie.

server_players.php

Like many, I like the xp system but levels are a bit unbalanced for new players, yes hobos on quad bikes are funny but it just a pain in the arse not having a car.

As the other players are saying you have made the leveling system to hard. Yes it's too easy to make money in Altis, but you've taken it from one extreme to another with Tanoa.
You get a 5k start, with a £500 quad bike rental (I mean quad bikes? At least let us rent a car), clothes, backpack, food etc. you won't have a lot left of your money, and even if you join at a restart and do a full session of bending banana's, you will still not have made much more money then being back to where you started at.

I see a few people pointing fingers at PLF saying how to look at them, to follow their example and we'll make it forward as well. But there's a major difference between playing for RP or playing for Gang activities. With a big gang like PLF they can put all their resources together, let one guy do all the processing and getting the xp for it, let him level as high as possible then put all your money together and get bigger trucks. Then you just go full circle and let each member process a big truck and get xp and levels to buy more trucks. For us who are casual players we are left in the dust to fend for our selves, now with big gangs out there equipped with guns. 

I love the look of Tanoa, I would love to play there more, but the grind is terrible, having to spend £500 per restart then drive to Georgetown (On a quad bike!) is a pain. And no one has time between the grind of making money to actually stop and do any RP.
With so many players speaking up and so few players on the server someone has to realize soon the the system that was made is unfortunately not working as it should.

Alot of complaining tbh...

Tanoa is hard yeah, and there is definitly something that need changes.
But Police not playing cause "not enough action/gunfights" and "not enough salary" is abit funny. When all they need for their patroling is free....
It's not about whether it's free or not. At the end of the day, this is a game we play for entertainment. If there's nobody wanting to interact with cops or break the law, then it makes the police a pointless entity at the moment. 

Lack of people means little interaction. Majority of the police force are in it for the rp and standing in Georgetown waiting for somebody to stop doesn't go a long way. 

We got bored the other night, so six of us set up a checkpoint to stop traffic going in and out of Georgetown which somewhat forced rp with users, and while it was entertaining, it's not something we can do all day. 

Agreed, I've reserved my comments for a while, but its got to the point where something drastic has to happen or people will never return, first impressions matter

Stats and general public opinion doesn't lie.

server_players.php

Like many, I like the xp system but levels are a bit unbalanced for new players, yes hobos on quad bikes are funny but it just a pain in the arse not having a car.
Thing is, complaining didn't help, working on solutions did... We are well aware of the population, that's why we're working non-stop today to get some updated information ingame

I'll say that as a casual player who normally can devote an hour or two a day, I believe the prices should be increased for selling. I like the realistic prices, but in my opinion it reminds me of a hardcore grind fest MMO. I tried to roleplay the other day with someone and all they were concerned with was mining diamonds.

My recommendation:

Just use the Altis Life XP system for skills and scale the economy back to the realistic price instead of the large prices on Altis 

We are also a gang in among trucks guns etc and the economy needs to change i think, if you doubled the amount of money made of each run. Keep the xp system the same because the xp grind wouldnt be that hard if new players had the money to do so. Also what about double xp weekends ? or even have it the same as the altis half price, first 10 days of the month have double xp.

The chart shows that people do not like grinding to get little reward for their efforts, and when you are in Georgetown you expect it to be full of hobos, but it isn't because people are always out grinding to get money and XP, so instead of role play, no one interacts with each other and that shouldn't be the case, role play should happen all of the time, and no one stops to speak to people (or at least I haven't seen) because people don't like the way that it is set up and as mentioned earlier, the casual players  who like to role play in the big town don't because they need to get some money to achieve this in a way, and also we all know most of the people that are casual are the main bulk for the population on the server.

All credit to the the development team and also management for dedicating their time into making this server, but with the graph also backing up what I am saying, what we are doing doesn't seem to be working, because people are not coming on Tanoa because it is not worth playing for an their efforts are not being rewarded, I like the XP system we have implemented and so do other people but I think the main problem is that it is not the economy itself, but I think the lack of money that you make, an idea could be to increase the price of licences and other equipment, so increase the profits that you make on each run and make it worth while but also make sure that it is simple enough and within a decent enough time frame to actually get the licences and guns, because without people having guns and their being no crime = no cops, which therefore means their is little role play, and also cops make around 30 - 40% of the player count on the server, but currently, you are lucky to see more that 4 or 5 at a time and without cops that means their is no much role play and because of the lack of money and certain levels you have to be before you can do certain things their is little crime which people have commented on earlier on, the police force is pointless, and because of this factor the player count goes down! And the chart that @Banana Duckposted earlier should ring alarms bells in peoples head because it is a new server and it should be flooding with new people, but instead they either are going back to Altis or they are leaving and going elsewhere, and  that is not what we want, we want them to have fun and not spend hours trying to get money to do things, and it is important that we keep our player base!

All of this is my opinion and I hope that I don't get in trouble for posting this, but I have got the community in my best interests and I want to make it better so we can get that player count back up and turn that chart upside down! I am not saying all this to be offensive or as you say "slagging people off", I am saying this to try and better the Tanoa server and make it more popular for people to play, and things need to change soon because people will just stop playing all together and the Tanoa server might die, and that is not what we want, I know @TinyBigJacko, @Neo, @Wilco, @Mr Cardoso, @Ciaran+staff team have put a lot of effort in getting the server up and bringing out updates and testing as I have being doing, but what we are doing just doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard, and again I am not saying this to be offensive and I don't mean to cause offence in anyway as I have gave up my time to test and help, but I just want what is best of the community and I want the community to grow and attract more player to come and play and bring the population up, but at the moment that doesn't seem to be happening and I understand the hard work that has being put into this server, and it is fantastic and it has a lot of potential to be an amazing server, but it just needs to be pointed in the right direction if you like, and I am not "slagging the server off" I am voicing my concerns and what needs to be done about it as I have said before, this server means a lot to a lot of people and I and the rest of the people in the community don't like seeing low player counts, but if people are not playing, then something must be wrong!

Anyway,  thank you for reading, and I hope that none of the management, the development team or any of the staff team don't take offence to this, I am simply sharing my concern, it was not my intention to cause offence, I just want the server to thrive and I want it to be successful and their is still time, and with time I think it will get better!

Thanks for reading!

Cops not playing because there's no action actually makes look at everything in the PCC in a new light...
Neo, I am speaking not just for me, but for a lot of officers when I say, that we would play Tanoa, even with minimal action, but paychecks of 10 pounds for cops, is just not enough, I would rather be bored as civ grinding money than be a cop... It is just not worthy to be cop on tanoa.

Last edited by a moderator:
again, as I said, it's being looked into today. People need a bit of patience. Whilst this new system has worked for some, most people have looked at it and thought "i need to actually move my ass to get somewhere in life?.....in a life server????.... pffft, lets play on RDM Server #72"

I've needed figures and information.

Getting "It aint working pal" doesn't solve anything... my experience of play is different to yours, lots of peoples experiences along with hard facts paint a beautiful picture....

painting shit just looks like shit.

Whilst this new system has worked for some, most people have looked at it and thought "i need to actually move my ass to get somewhere in life?.....in a life server????.... pffft, lets play on RDM Server #72"
I don't think painting everyone that hasn't enjoyed the Tanoa experience as lazy is fair.  Nor is suggesting that people prefer RMD server #72.  I think this a lack of respect for many people in the community that have come here offering some genuine feedback.

I don't want to get into an argument with you about it either, as regardless of whether I like the Tanoa experience you created I do respect you for the amount of work you put into it.  As i said earlier in the thread, I feel I have some useful experience as an old school closed beta tester and would be happy to listen to the Dev teams objectives and try and provide some ideas and feedback.... it's there for the taking if you want it.

I don't think painting everyone that hasn't enjoyed the Tanoa experience as lazy is fair.  Nor is suggesting that people prefer RMD server #72.  I think this a lack of respect for many people in the community that have come here offering some genuine feedback.

I don't want to get into an argument with you about it either, as regardless of whether I like the Tanoa experience you created I do respect you for the amount of work you put into it.  As i said earlier in the thread, I feel I have some useful experience as an old school closed beta tester and would be happy to listen to the Dev teams objectives and try and provide some ideas and feedback.... it's there for the taking if you want it.
If you have experience from open beta / early acsess / early stages, you know that they should not have to ask. (since we all know its a testing phase, and work needs to be done)
You should make a list of suggestions, from experiences ingame, or provide them with actual gameplay info that its hard to do/see from a dev pov.

They are doing their best to take suggestions from the community.
So insted of saying they dont, provide some feedback who is usefull tbh.

From experience the last week, we have had several good convesations with people from the dev team.
And they are always giving us good answers, and that they are working on solutions.

Patience is the key here

Give it time, it is something different, and something which havent been copied over, they need time to configure it to perfection, and to achieve that they need people to play it and give feedback and take small changes atime, and I am sure it wont be perfect in the first couple of months, but of those I have met on Tanoa seems to enjoy it and as of now I have not met anyone who don't roleplay (except a guy that called me a jew and ran of). So with a few tweaks I think this will be amazing. And as a policeofficer, even without gunfights (have had one nice one with PLF), I enjoy patrolling Tanoa as I get the type of roleplay I have been missing from Altis, and there is enough for me to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patience is the key here
This is very true, but some people don't want to wait, if they don't like something they are going to leave, hense why the player count is so low, and something needs to be done soon, to attract the players back!

Back