ALTIS LIFE
GTA RP
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Hasil The Bastard

Enough is Enough all (Rant Beware)

Nomad

Before you reply make sure your reply is constructive and relevant to the conversation, let's keep this civil from the get go.

Message added by Nomad

Cyanide
On 12/03/2020 at 01:26, Hasil The Bastard said:

If your a big gang OWN IT. That doesnt mean everyone needs to die, people are aware your numbers are dangerous and most with propper roleplay will submit.

Honestly THIS. People are coming up with any reason to execute you now. I was executed yesterday for being "friends with people who raided Blackouts gang base". I've been executed for refusing to stop to Rebels after not realizing I was being chased and put did everything they asked of me. I've been executed because the the NHS came to revive me. Point being people don't want to execute for real reasons anymore. They want to ruin peoples days. Like my 1st Huron I got robbed of it, and before they executed me they said "btw we've only jacked your Heli so we can put Cocaine in it and get the Police to scrap it" then they executed me. People are just out to destroy the people that can't defend themselves when its 1 vs 12. I've had friends who I know irl who wanted to play, they like the server, get executed by some asshole within 1 hour of gameplay for some bullshit reason and make them start from scratch again. Big Rebel gangs are ruining the server, tone it down a bit guys. As much as I have a bias opinion, Requiem have got most things perfect. Hobos, we never execute, we take their car/gun or cash, not car/gun AND cash so they haven't lost everything, and chances are we ask if they wish to join us so they're not alone in the future and can actually whole server and not just the parts you can solo. We only execute people who are our enemies and know they are, if we rob someones run we'll give them like 10% of the profits so they don't completely lose out. Things like that mean we don't put off new players, we're fair to those who play fair with us, and it means we're not complete assholes.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Aethon
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cyanide said:

Honestly THIS. People are coming up with any reason to execute you now. I was executed yesterday for being "friends with people who raided Blackouts gang base". I've been executed for refusing to stop to Rebels after not realizing I was being chased and put did everything they asked of me. I've been executed because the the NHS came to revive me. Point being people don't want to execute for real reasons anymore. They want to ruin peoples days. Like my 1st Huron I got robbed of it, and before they executed me they said "btw we've only jacked your Heli so we can put Cocaine in it and get the Police to scrap it" then they executed me. People are just out to destroy the people that can't defend themselves when its 1 vs 12. I've had friends who I know irl who wanted to play, they like the server, get executed by some asshole within 1 hour of gameplay for some bullshit reason and make them start from scratch again. Big Rebel gangs are ruining the server, tone it down a bit guys. As much as I have a bias opinion, Requiem have got most things perfect. Hobos, we never execute, we take their car/gun or cash, not car/gun AND cash so they haven't lost everything, and chances are we ask if they wish to join us so they're not alone in the future and can actually whole server and not just the parts you can solo. We only execute people who are our enemies and know they are, if we rob someones run we'll give them like 10% of the profits so they don't completely lose out. Things like that mean we don't put off new players, we're fair to those who play fair with us, and it means we're not complete assholes.

These complaints about 'big rebel gangs' seem to be about blackout, a literal hobo gang comprised of BTEC rebels who shoot anything that moves and get squad wiped whenever they encounter armed resistance. These type of gangs will always exist, but the problem is self correcting, as they either change their behaviour or leave out of frustration of constantly being killed - if they don't get banned first. Nerfing 'rebels' won't help when rebels are the only ones dealing with them.

Also, the fuck you robbing hobos for man? The only hobos I ever harm are the mouthy ones, we've all been there once and there's no need to ruin their day if they're not hurting you. 

Edited by Aethon

Cyanide
19 minutes ago, Aethon said:

These complaints about 'big rebel gangs' seem to be about blackout, a literal hobo gang comprised of BTEC rebels who shoot anything that moves and get squad wiped whenever they encounter armed resistance. These type of gangs will always exist, but the problem is self correcting, as they either change their behaviour or leave out of frustration of constantly being killed - if they don't get banned first. Nerfing 'rebels' won't help when rebels are the only ones dealing with them.

Also, the fuck you robbing hobos for man? The only hobos I ever harm are the mouthy ones, we've all been there once and there's no need to ruin their day if they're not hurting you. 

I'm talking about all big Rebel Gangs. Blackout, Ganja, KLR etc. All of them. And I don't want Rebels nerfed at all, I want them fixed.

And I rob Hobos because eh, why not? I just have morals doing it

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

kixz
18 hours ago, Aethon said:

idk why you're personally attacking us lmao, if we offended you or something tell us but if you think about the term 'rebel' its someone who isn't exactly gonna help out other hobos and be friendly with people, we also rarely rob hobos unless like you said they're being pricks or they are doing diamonds, about the 'armed resistance' we've lost about 3 gunfights throughout the entire week and 2 of them we were completely outnumbered, you're getting rude just because we killed you or some shit and i really don't see the point in trynna start beef so if you have a personal problem idrc because its only on your side, its in the nature of a 'rebel' to do what you listen so toughen up and deal with it or dont go around getting into gunfights with them 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Charles Vane

I think half of the problem is respect. Nobody respects anyone in whatever faction they are in. I realised this a few months ago where Gorgel B came in the server for the first time in months. H3 was talking to police at a gas station and i landed my heli on the roof and got out with a gun. Now to me at that point i didnt think nothing of it then gorgel went fuckin nuts. "Why did you have a gun out put that in your heli" and it made me think ooh shit. Its things like that, police should be regarded with the highest respect on the server as they "have a job too do" and i do actually think they have the most "roleplayers" on rpuk. Ofcourse they have thr people that just cause shit but in gangs and poseidon everyone wants to cause shit. Police for the most part should be reactive and if you give them a reason to react, they should. 

Rebels and poseidon are fucked in terms of roleplay and i can say this because i am including myself in there also. Yes there are reason, boredom, showing how big there balls are all that jazz. 

Half the poseidon and rebels moaning about shit roleplay are causing it themselves. 

The clocks will never go back too 2016 the only thing as players we can do is change ourselves and be creative. 

The winning mentality is fucking everything up and just pissing people off, if it carries on nobody will log on. Yes im talking about you Ganja Nation/SOS/whateverother gangs ally with eachother to fight 7 cops with mk20s and are too scared to fight Finale but choose to go start on the cops that actually are here to roleplay with people. 

Everyone sort ya shit out.. me included

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Simon Ross
4 hours ago, Charles Vane said:

SOS

The whole two of us at any one time - shit gets boring by yourself 

Aethon
5 hours ago, Charles Vane said:

I think half of the problem is respect. Nobody respects anyone in whatever faction they are in. I realised this a few months ago where Gorgel B came in the server for the first time in months. H3 was talking to police at a gas station and i landed my heli on the roof and got out with a gun. Now to me at that point i didnt think nothing of it then gorgel went fuckin nuts. "Why did you have a gun out put that in your heli" and it made me think ooh shit. Its things like that, police should be regarded with the highest respect on the server as they "have a job too do" and i do actually think they have the most "roleplayers" on rpuk. Ofcourse they have thr people that just cause shit but in gangs and poseidon everyone wants to cause shit. Police for the most part should be reactive and if you give them a reason to react, they should. 

Rebels and poseidon are fucked in terms of roleplay and i can say this because i am including myself in there also. Yes there are reason, boredom, showing how big there balls are all that jazz. 

Half the poseidon and rebels moaning about shit roleplay are causing it themselves. 

The clocks will never go back too 2016 the only thing as players we can do is change ourselves and be creative. 

The winning mentality is fucking everything up and just pissing people off, if it carries on nobody will log on. Yes im talking about you Ganja Nation/SOS/whateverother gangs ally with eachother to fight 7 cops with mk20s and are too scared to fight Finale but choose to go start on the cops that actually are here to roleplay with people. 

Everyone sort ya shit out.. me included

Realistically we're just bored, we did an HM earlier with about 8 of us against 17 cops only to get pushed and then have poseidon finish the cops, take all the gold, and wig us when we went to trader. Also we did fight finale on friday, was pretty even numbers too. Like you said the server's not what it used to be, if we're not all rolling around together against the cops/poseidon (and the mounds of hobo gangs RDMing constantly) we're just going to get fucked every time. We're not initiating on random cops, we do banks, ar caches etc. and if the cops respond that's on them. There's no point logging on if I'm just going to get yeeted by two factions and 12 hobo rebels every time I come on.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Rice Krispy
6 hours ago, Aethon said:

we did an HM earlier with about 8 of us against 17 cops only to get pushed and then have poseidon finish the cops, take all the gold, and wig us when we went to trader

You failed the HM so we started one as soon as it was locked up and over, I don’t see the problem there. Why would you not be killed at trader? That would be completely our gold. It’s not like you’d be given the gold by Poseidon because you failed in holding the HM.

Ozzycazy

Right, I spent small amount of time reading very first page of this Topic. "About Quality of Roleplay" First off no one take offence. For a very long time, years ago when my internet wasn't shitty, I use to Roleplay as NHS, Police and Rebel at some points. Got a slice of pie for almost majority of the Altis life. How I see it from here to till now, Roleplay is still there but rather rushed or poorly put together sometimes. Now next part is dodgy cause everyone will justify. Police and Rebels ALWAYS and will always want to power play each other for a sign of dominance and money of course. Almost any community will have groups to gain just money and rush things in order to grind (Not pointed at anyone). But now days its about having alpha title over a server or scoreboards. Now I could share a concern in general, Back when UNMC was added gun fights rammed up and so did the toxicity. Wasn't like that all the time but I saw the and listened. But if you guys want rewards and or good roleplay, gotta stop giving up. It really shows as well and will prove a rightful point. But talking here on a debate or novels wont fix any of this, gotta get in-game and show peeps that their is more to Altis life than shooting and robbing. Yall need to get out of the box and quit saying I need perms or its too complex. Working as a Team or brain storming weird ideas can make for a good mix. But unless you want something good, you gotta work for it or earn it. Hand outs, rushing or over thinking or just wanting to win will just ruin it in the end. No one has to win to enjoy a benefit or reward. Hell I might do a mass murder who takes people out to a shed after kidnapping and murder them  with roleplay of course. See you can make it fun or horrifying in that case. But its up to you in the end what you want for a experience and or they.

• Like 1

Aethon
15 hours ago, Rice Krispy said:

You failed the HM so we started one as soon as it was locked up and over, I don’t see the problem there. Why would you not be killed at trader? That would be completely our gold. It’s not like you’d be given the gold by Poseidon because you failed in holding the HM.

I'm not saying it wasn't 'fair', I'm saying it was a bit of a shit experience. Poseidon interfering was fun for nobody except poseidon.

Rice Krispy
9 minutes ago, Aethon said:

I'm not saying it wasn't 'fair', I'm saying it was a bit of a shit experience. Poseidon interfering was fun for nobody except poseidon.

We didn’t interfere. We waited and once you failed we went in.

Daddy666

Maybe I joined the server at the wrong time from what i'm reading on this thread, but I think things have got a lot better. Still feel that police and gangs are working together however, police roleplay is 10x better than when I first joined.

With all the lockdowns across the world you would expect the server to be packed and its not. I read the report a player section an it is constantly getting reports every day, Kavala is constantly getting bombarded new players (which means possibly new content) and are put off and just end up not caring.

With it being a roleplay server surely players would want to help newbies take them under their wing. Admins maybe spend some time with them help them to understand and learn the rules. If not admins then maybe groups. I appreciate the rules are on the forum but could the server be losing good people because of a misunderstandings.

I thought of roleplay as something to enjoy and work my way into instead I just got mad and did what most new players do and that is VDM\RDM. I was given the wrong impression of the server as the main spawn tends to be Kavala and when I joined this was just carnage and tends to be like this almost every night. I became a donator because I saw potential, I hope things will get better. I'm not sure if I will be able to stay now due to freind getting a perm ban I have been gaming with him for around 10 years.

If I need to leave I may pop by from time to time to say hello some top class people here and I will miss them.

and remeber, step over the problem.

Peace.

• Like 1

Wilco

Excellent so rant over then.... 

• Facepalm 2

Rice Krispy
5 hours ago, Wilco said:

I can restart it and spice things up if you’d like? 😘

• Like 2
  • PagChomp 2

Eternal Ghost

Might be late to this but I agree with what's being said, I find myself typically hanging out in the square as I really can't be bothered to trying to do something when there is a high chance of getting killed just for existing. I get robbing and what not is just another angle to enjoy the game but getting multiple attempts to be shaken down for trying to make connections with new people it's a little tiresome. It's really hard to shoot the shit with people when you're always looking over your shoulder, sorta explains why no one lingers in any particular spot out side of safe zones. Lastly I loathe that I'm almost always required to carry a big gun even when I have no plans on using it, bit jarring to have every hello start with weapons drawn or at least ready to be drawn. It's not easy to be friendly when hostility is such a mainstay for a majority of people.

• Like 1

Daddy666
8 hours ago, Wilco said:

@Wilco sorry if you believe this to be a rant, I cannot stress enough that I am trying to be sincere and I am genuinely sad that you could not see that. I do understand that the person reading is trying to gauge the content creator’s feelings and how something is being put across. Could you read my post again and please try to assume if possible that I am being sincere and genuinely want to be part of a good community.

To end I will need to quote Einstein "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result".

Peace.

• Like 3

Solliedgold
Posted (edited)

I do believe i am as late as can be rigth now, yet i have things to say!

I agree with the whole rebel gangs and robbing things. I think its getting out of hand. now i don't have a solution other than to stop robbing every hobo you see whenever you can.

Just yesterday i got robbed 4 times, and the only gear i had that was worth just a bit was my carryall backpack. It gets frustrating when you can't even think about doing a copper run or something just because some obnoxius hummingbird with fully geared guys come and tell you to give them your keys and put your hands up. i mean, before i joined police i was doing weed runs, and i think i only got like 2-3 actual runs out of like 13 runs because you constantly get robbed by some hearthless bloodthirsty armed rebels. now i understand this is part of the game and it should be somehting that one should expect, but when i litterally can't even drive in an offroad car on the highway without getting followed by some bored guys who just wanna do something non-boring, it gets old really fast. I love roleplay, that ws the reason i joined the server, yet i don't get that much roleplay anymore because it has turned into a buy gear, get robbed, buy gear etc. game..

Edited by Solliedgold
  • Like 1

Mr Maxim

Nobody has any original ideas anymore especially for banks/Gas stations, If I walk into a situation, ask why a guy is holding a pistol and they say its a drill then I literally sigh, nobody wants to listen to you explain you're fixing the cameras or the cash register for the 90th time that week and that you can't provide any documents or even get your story straight. A good example of roleplay is the following:

I responded with INS Tanner to an AR cache today, it was being robbed by @MrLongSlong and his Tangarine loving step sisters. Instead of turning into a fight we RP'd that it was a haunted house tour, instead of saying "No leave the weapon boxes alone" when they had broken into one of the rooms with boxes in I shouted not to open to boxes because they contain the ghost of Margaret Thatcher, and we eventually got them out of the Cache, where they proceeded to kidnap Tanner in a roleplay friendly way.

That is good roleplay, I'm sure all involved including the Staff Lead that was there would agree. Saying "No it's a drill mate I swear" will lead to you being tased because it's shit RP

People don't roleplay with other people because it's stale and boring, yes the server has issues that need addressing like FPS and Rebel life but at then end of the day Roleplay is what you make it. I guarentee if you give the majority of players on the server a great RP story then they will go along with it so people need to stop complaining and start upping their game in terms of creativity.

All hail the Orange Cap Gang

• Love 2

MrLongSlong
58 minutes ago, Mr Maxim said:

Nobody has any original ideas anymore especially for banks/Gas stations, If I walk into a situation, ask why a guy is holding a pistol and they say its a drill then I literally sigh, nobody wants to listen to you explain you're fixing the cameras or the cash register for the 90th time that week and that you can't provide any documents or even get your story straight. A good example of roleplay is the following:

I responded with INS Tanner to an AR cache today, it was being robbed by @MrLongSlong and his Tangarine loving step sisters. Instead of turning into a fight we RP'd that it was a haunted house tour, instead of saying "No leave the weapon boxes alone" when they had broken into one of the rooms with boxes in I shouted not to open to boxes because they contain the ghost of Margaret Thatcher, and we eventually got them out of the Cache, where they proceeded to kidnap Tanner in a roleplay friendly way.

That is good roleplay, I'm sure all involved including the Staff Lead that was there would agree. Saying "No it's a drill mate I swear" will lead to you being tased because it's shit RP

People don't roleplay with other people because it's stale and boring, yes the server has issues that need addressing like FPS and Rebel life but at then end of the day Roleplay is what you make it. I guarentee if you give the majority of players on the server a great RP story then they will go along with it so people need to stop complaining and start upping their game in terms of creativity.

All hail the Orange Cap gang 

I’m very flattered that you hold me and my fellow orange head garment wearers  in such high regard when it comes to roleplay, but I can’t take much credit as I was actually down stairs eating me dinner when it happend, and only came back to take @INS Tanner Navajo hostage for a laugh.

At the end of the day it’s all a laugh , some people can get very annoyed at our unusual tactics when it comes to roleplay and gunfights and hence sometimes straight up refuse to respond when they see a small battalion of orange hats suddenly turn there attention to the lights and sirens ,  but as I’m sure you have seen it dosnt always end with @PapaSmurphy screaming “unlucky” as he sends you back to respawn screen, which is something I wish more police officers realised before they rip you out the car or rehearse the same hands up or be razed “ routine . 

The roleplay on the server can always be better but if it is too good it be borning and people would get banned too often but the quality of the rp on the server goes up and down depending on certain factors , your not always going to win but it’s part of the game, you can spend the whole restart being killed by @Hasan Carsteinnn dogey driving and still have a good time trust me I’ve done it far too many times.

@Hasan Carsteinnn @Malfang7 @Drew @hawkactual 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hasan Carsteinnn

Orange Cap Gang Approves good Roleplay!!

RkDULjH.pngrCoAuLz.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Landon

I recently had a encounter with the glorious bastards (believe friday) i was stopped by one of them in a cop car. He said i had some crimes on me and other stuff, i knew he wasnt a officer but played a long. He took 98k from me then let me go, then pulled me over again " oh btw i have to take your gun the other officers said." I played a long a little more pissed off i couldnt just upload in self defense  at this point, being robbed and all.Told him i was going to sit in my car and call the police since this all seemed suspicious. I called the police and a few cars showed up, ended up being more bastards, i handed over my mk18 with silencer, and then real cops showed up and started chasing them, i followed suit cause i was angry that i didnt just shoot him to begin with and now i had cops backing up, ended up gaining on him and stopping in front of him with my van, he then crashed into the side cause it looked like a cop crashed the back of him into me(was actually a pretty cool move, and some how i didn't get hurt.) He ended up getting dragged somewhere(was all crazy) cops then started firing at a helicopter that then killed one of the cops, i waited next to the cop, and everyone left. Was int resting experience even though i had the biggest loss. (no idea how this relates to the topic sorry, sure it does some how)