GTA RP
ALTIS LIFE
TEAMSPEAK

Border Wars - Altis Life

Just now, Sirdaanslot said:

whats that suposed to mean. its just a qeustion and personally i dont like playing rebel nor can i play rebel since i am a cop remember not. 

Not my problem.

• Like 1
  • Vladic 1

Level 4 Staff Member

Arma:   Ex-UNMC Cpl   |   Ex-Police SGT   |   Ex-NHS PAR   |   Ex-Poseidon Capo

FiveM:   The Lost - Prospect   |   Police - PC Firearms

Just now, Nuclear said:

Not my problem.

exactly so why are you saying we should play rebel then it was suggested. police and poseidon cammand said there were discusions about well maybe this is a start to like you know actualy make it happen or maybe not. 

5 minutes ago, Sirdaanslot said:

exactly so why are you saying we should play rebel then it was suggested. police and poseidon cammand said there were discusions about well maybe this is a start to like you know actualy make it happen or maybe not. 

Because i find it stupid. Go on holiday and rob it.

Don't remember any promises about Police and Poseidon command discusing that, nor were there any discussions, noone in Poseidon leadership is up for that anyways (as far as i'm aware),  Imo you are cops not robbers, if you wanna rob stuff hop over to our side or go on holiday.

This topic is about border-wars so stay on topic.

• Like 1

Level 4 Staff Member

Arma:   Ex-UNMC Cpl   |   Ex-Police SGT   |   Ex-NHS PAR   |   Ex-Poseidon Capo

FiveM:   The Lost - Prospect   |   Police - PC Firearms

i think if rebels, capture these zones, meybe each one will have a different purpose?

- Access to purchase, certain things

- | Cheaper MRAPS |

- or some cool guns, or meybe the ability, to craft a minigun quilin or smth, 

- cheaper guns?

or if rebels gets the zones, Athira/Pyrgos Posedion/police spawn gets disabled?

• Facepalm 1
1 minute ago, slogeko said:

i think if rebels, capture these zones, meybe each one will have a different purpose?

- Access to purchase, certain things

- | Cheaper MRAPS |

- or some cool guns, or meybe the ability, to craft a minigun quilin or smth, 

- cheaper guns?

or if rebels gets the zones, Athira/Pyrgos Posedion/police spawn gets disabled?

this is border wars against police/poseidon rebels are just there to mess with them and to earn cash and have fun 

• Like 2

Looks sick ngl. Very glad the community has been listened to and this is getting implemented.

I have a few concerns however:

- SPAWNS / GEARING

Police have good spawns. Poseidon have okay spawns ( depends on where the border is I guess ). Rebels have awful spawns. Simple suggestion, add a REBEL OUTPOST near the edge of the redzone where rebels can spawn and gear ( similar to how the REBEL FOB is placed ). IDK if its meant for Poseidon / Police to have very close of very far spawns but tbh could add a Poseidon FOB nearby.

- FACTION RESTRICTIONS

Right this is a big one, Police have 40 slots and free gear. Poseidon have 25. Don't really need to expand on this. Either limit both or Police. Keep in mind Poseidon have better weapons and vehicles but then have to pay. Id say 15 vs 15. Anything more would be a zerg and very laggy.

- PAYOUT

it wasn't really clear in the post if Poseidon get money from kills / points or rebels money from kills. Think this is pretty important tbh. Probably would stick with the current payouts from kills for the redzones ( I dont agree with them and I think they should be upped but that's a different suggestion ). Otherwise not much point playing as rebel if you don't get money from kills / points.

- NLR

Guessing it follows 5 minutes with instant bleedout. If not it probably should.

Obviously you have only shown 5 of the smaller caps but so far they look good. Happy to give suggestions for some good compounds. Rather not fight over some fields / rocks. There are plenty of decent compounds to pick

- FACTIONS CAN PLAY REBEL

If it gets made to be 15vs15 there will be a decent number of cops / poseidon with not much to do. Since people will only rly log on for border wars I say let the remaining pos / police play rebel for that restart. Then we can get some big rebel gangs contesting

Looking forward to it, thanks devs for the great work keeping the server fresh

• Like 18
  • Facepalm 1

@AlexBear hits on a very important fact in my eyes with all them comments.

FACTION RESTRICTIONS very important

This defo needs to be looked into, Am not sure does the police have current restrictions on how many mraps they can pull out at a time as Poseidon does.

also just a though but obliviously a lot further down the lines it might be worth making everyone pay for there gear on this specific event make it fair.

i now some will slam this as we have been here before time and time again but if i was to go back to this event say 4 times that would be 1.1mil in gear id have to pay.

I honestly dont know how much police pay but listening to peoples concerns that would be around say 160k if they came back 4 times as an example.

Rebels could end up paying more again if they chose the mk1 load out to match cops just thinking out loud here.

i think it would be a great idea if the heads of factions could discus all this before it goes live like iam sure you all will.  

also i now alot of hard work and planning has gone into this i for one appreciate it.

• Like 1

GREENY

1 minute ago, GREENY said:

@AlexBear hits on a very important fact in my eyes with all them comments.

FACTION RESTRICTIONS very important

This defo needs to be looked into, Am not sure does the police have current restrictions on how many mraps they can pull out at a time as Poseidon does.

also just a though but obliviously a lot further down the lines it might be worth making everyone pay for there gear on this specific event make it fair.

i now some will slam this as we have been here before time and time again but if i was to go back to this event say 4 times that would be 1.1mil in gear id have to pay.

I honestly dont know how much police pay but listening to peoples concerns that would be around say 160k if they came back 4 times as an example.

Rebels could end up paying more again if they chose the mk1 load out to match cops just thinking out loud here.

i think it would be a great idea if the heads of factions could discus all this before it goes live like iam sure you all will.  

also i now alot of hard work and planning has gone into this i for one appreciate it.

2 mraps are the limit for cops if i am not mistaken 

• Like 1
  • Eggplant 1
4 minutes ago, GREENY said:

2 minutes ago, Sirdaanslot said:

2 mraps are the limit for cops if i am not mistaken 

3 MRAPS is the hardcap

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DavidGaming said:

Well...this is a nice idea for a KOTH or Wasteland server. Kind of curious about how it will work on a "RP" server.

I think it's important to highlight that this is a single restart event each week - whilst there may be a population of people who don't want to have a gunfight every now and then, I think the majority of our current Altis Life player base doesn't fall into this category. As always we have to split a balance and make sure we are catering to everyone, and this is one of the largest voted suggestions for the server.

56 minutes ago, AlexBear said:

Obviously you have only shown 5 of the smaller caps but so far they look good. Happy to give suggestions for some good compounds. Rather not fight over some fields / rocks. There are plenty of decent compounds to pick

Open for ideas, feel free to reply here with them

- NLR

Guessing it follows 5 minutes with instant bleedout. If not it probably should.

NLR works exactly like the current zones, and all relevant rules apply

- PAYOUT

it wasn't really clear in the post if Poseidon get money from kills / points or rebels money from kills. Think this is pretty important tbh. Probably would stick with the current payouts from kills for the redzones ( I dont agree with them and I think they should be upped but that's a different suggestion ). Otherwise not much point playing as rebel if you don't get money from kills / points.

The payouts work like the current zones, so Poseidon will get money as usual.

2 hours ago, Simon Ross said:

Will we also get the ability to pull vehicles, buy gear, and spawn in some of these locations?

We are considering moving the FOBs to the zones, so potentially.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, xvRexzii said:

Posideon have been more dicks to me than cops so ima just target posideon points if I ever go to these border wars 

mood

4 hours ago, Ciaran said:

I think it's important to highlight that this is a single restart event each week - whilst there may be a population of people who don't want to have a gunfight every now and then, I think the majority of our current Altis Life player base doesn't fall into this category. As always we have to split a balance and make sure we are catering to everyone, and this is one of the largest voted suggestions for the server.

Open for ideas, feel free to reply here with them

NLR works exactly like the current zones, and all relevant rules apply

The payouts work like the current zones, so Poseidon will get money as usual.

We are considering moving the FOBs to the zones, so potentially.

I mean while you are on it. Would it not be better to swich to a event server with limit factions slots and for better fps.

• Facepalm 2
8 hours ago, Butch said:

Well thats Arma 3 reinstalled

Ready for an epic uninstall the following morning 

• Haha 1

. I WANA SAFARHA.

Currently in my bed on my iPad so expect typos

Thanks @Ciaranfor what is obviously a load of hard work, love that you even edited the PD and stuff as well.

Alex makes great points, in my original google doc on the suggestions there were 5 points each zone in good places for fights (they were kinda small i comparison to the screenshot) o any suggestion for moving the caps, I’d say look at that first. 

Rebels, even though this is obviously a faction bs faction event,  I think are gonna have loads of fun pissing off the factions in this. However id say instead of them earning money for kills they can control the points too and instead of points they earn cash from it, gives them an incentive to actually stick around.

Poseidon rewards should be bigger, I envisioned this event as: Poseidon trying to push their border forward against police to try and take control of the island . In RP Athira id a main town, with a factory complex and banks etc Poseidon imo should receive discounts on gear and vehicles at least if they win, ,like originally suggested or else it just becomes a struggle to not lose their birder each week as opposed to a fight for them to get good stuff.

Can I assume that thev3 zones are basically the same as the original suggestion?

Based on Alex’s point about restricting numbers, this event is basically built for SPEC Units, so I’d say allowed to go are 2 AR patrols, with the guests they can take, this amounts to 16 cops (8 max per patrol, which is the TS limit for the channels) and then Poseidon just use their foreign operation channel and take whoever they want.

I’ll edit this, later with more stuff, I hate going on an iPad lol

2 minutes ago, 3FingerGaming said:

I mean if your turning up I think we're safe 😘

You’re in his #1 brooooooo

• Like 1

. I WANA SAFARHA.

6 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Based on Alex’s point about restricting numbers, this event is basically built for SPEC Units, so I’d say allowed to go are 2 AR patrols, with the guests they can take, this amounts to 16 cops (8 max per patrol, which is the TS limit for the channels) and then Poseidon just use their foreign operation channel and take whoever they want.

I personally think 16 cops and 16 Poseidon is way too many. Since on here, there are only a few gangs with large amounts of people. Personally I think 10 of each faction should be allowed to go to this event and ar and Lobos get first pick then after a certain time it becomes first come first serve to anyone else within the faction that wants to play.

I think that rebels should have more of a part to play in this event aswell. where if a rebel gang wins by getting the most points they get a payout of 50mill split between all the members that are playing.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
23 minutes ago, Maxim said:

I think thats unfair on the rest of the cops who aren't a part of the AR friendship group. lets not try limit this event as to who can join.

Poseidon are effectively a whitelisted rebel group. They spend their hours taxing rebels for protection and brokering truces with gangs etc. maybe they should try enlisting assistance of rebels to force back the police. Who should (in theory) be the strongest force on the island.

because 40 cops (who shouldnt be able to enlist rebel help) against 25 poseidon (who can negotiate deals with criminals) seems like a very fair fight to me, if not more in favour of poseidon.

Edited by YoCo
  • Like 6
  • Wow 1
  • Feelsbadman 1
  • Facepalm 1

winters bear in mind it would be 16 spread across an entire zone with 5 caps

• Like 2

. I WANA SAFARHA.

15 minutes ago, Winters2 said:

I think 10 of each faction should be allowed to go to this event and ar and Lobos get first pick

This is literally Reborn Warzone rules... think of something original first. This is literally an event targeted towards the factions, so putting such a low cap on numbers is rediculous.

Personally I don’t see any point in initial restrictions, as the chances of 40 cops actually connecting to come is highly unlikely. Don’t regulate this at all for the start and see how it goes. If restrictions do get put in place, I think they should be capped at 25 police, and then Poseidon already have a 25 player cap. Everyone is happy. This equates to 5 people fighting each zone from the faction, and you can half that down to 2/3 due to people being on NLR and needing to travel back up to the fight 

• Like 1