GTA RP
ALTIS LIFE
TEAMSPEAK

Border Wars - Altis Life

@Winters2 This is a poseidon/cop event supplemented by rebels. so 16v16 isnt way too many.

I think people should think more about the RP aspects of poseidon/cop negotiating and brokering truces with rebels in order to win them the fight. because to be fair, this fight could easily be swayed by one rebel group (even if there numbers don't equal 16)

• Like 6

So I'm gonna throw my opinion out here but ill try to separate it onto points for a clearer view.

The event in it self should maybe not be only faction based? Since aight the rebels by themselves gain money from kills and from ticking points. There was something posted on this forums a while ago and for the love of me I cant find it ( just suck at searching I guess?) that said something of the following :

If police win gun prices stay the same
If poseidon win gun prices are reduced by 5-10%
If rebels win gun prices gets reduced even more 15%?

This is gonna combat a few thing :

It will probably prevent teaming from cops and rebels or rebels and poseidon.
It gives rebels actually something to fight for since 15% decress and combine it with a decressed vehicle price.
Why would we exclude the faction that both whitelisted faction literally need to have anything to do at all? Or lemme word it better why would rebels be excluded from having a major benefit?

Now down to something else :

POSEIDON : (gonna put this here since im in poseidon this could be seen as biased)
- Jesse already pointed out that even if you only die every 10 minutes the ammount of money we would spend for gear in itself would NEVER be payed back from the 10% drug price increase.

- Maybe make it so that if poseidon wins we get cheaper gear and vehicle % based ofc.

- This one is out here but. Instead of the paycheck increase why not make it so that poseidon make a certain % from all gun's sold at Rebel outpost, Advanced (I would personally leave Rebel FOB out of it cuz the ammount of guns bought there is alot?)

POLICE:

- As said before in this thread since cops do not pay money for their gear there should be a limit on the ammount of them who can join the event in itself. Now if its better to cap that at 15 or 10 thats up to the dev's and input of others. Priority should be Command >AR > NCA.

- This was already talked about but the MRAP limit should stay in place with 3.

- Maybe limit or dont allow the usage of teargas and flashbangs? (Strong Maybe here)

- Give cops if they win the ability to see the normal drug locations as a reward since some of them were complaining about it taking forever for normal units to find and verify all locations.

In the end of it all while this border war is more of a cop vs poseidon with rebels annoying both  it would include rebels into the fight and give them a reason to fight for.
Cuz in the end of it borders means shit if theres no Rebels.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Toca said:

In the end of it all while this border war is more of a cop vs poseidon with rebels annoying both  it would include rebels into the fight and give them a reason to fight for.
Cuz in the end of it borders means shit if theres no Rebels.

nah, this is all a trick. if theres 40 cops on the plebs will be doing a HM every time. easy, stretch them 40 police thin!

Athira bank belongs to the plebs!!!!!

Edited by YoCo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

can the cap points be a flag where you "choose" who you are supporting.... so that rebels can influence the war without overtaking it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, YoCo said:

can the cap points be a flag where you "choose" who you are supporting.... so that rebels can influence the war without overtaking it.

Rebels can just target whoever is winning no? same effect with 0 extra dev work

. I WANA SAFARHA.

2 hours ago, YoCo said:

Honestly I disagree with this, just have rebels choose who they wanna target, and I think rebels will just target both factions.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
47 minutes ago, Maxim said:

Rebels can just target whoever is winning no? same effect with 0 extra dev work

Hmm.... taking points from one faction =/= helping another faction. 

but I think my comment is more of one after we see how it first goes 

14 hours ago, Jesse Orion said:

Calculating it as it is & avaraged on a lifetime of 10 minutes

Found your problem

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, YoCo said:

Hmm.... taking points from one faction =/= helping another faction. 

It's materially the same thing, one less point to one side means the other needs one less point to win. Poseidon could easily win with a few points for example, if the rebels denied every zone from all police.

6 hours ago, Maxim said:

Poseidon rewards should be bigger, I envisioned this event as: Poseidon trying to push their border forward against police to try and take control of the island . In RP Athira id a main town, with a factory complex and banks etc Poseidon imo should receive discounts on gear and vehicles at least if they win, ,like originally suggested or else it just becomes a struggle to not lose their birder each week as opposed to a fight for them to get good stuff.

It would be pretty easy to add extra rewards, what percentages do you think would be reasonable if they where to get a reward by reducing gear prices?

6 hours ago, Maxim said:

Can I assume that thev3 zones are basically the same as the original suggestion?

Yes, most zones are the same as the one in the suggestion. 

6 hours ago, Maxim said:

Rebels, even though this is obviously a faction bs faction event,  I think are gonna have loads of fun pissing off the factions in this. However id say instead of them earning money for kills they can control the points too and instead of points they earn cash from it, gives them an incentive to actually stick around.

This is how it functions - it works exactly like the current zones for rebels - they earn points (used for leaderboards for zones), the cash from capping the zone, as well as the money from kills. The only thing they don't get is to contribute towards Police / Poseidon's border wars points.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ciaran said:

It would be pretty easy to add extra rewards, what percentages do you think would be reasonable if they where to get a reward by reducing gear prices?

6 hours ago, Maxim said:

IMO I would say 15-20% off would be a good amount  (basically 40k off of the average persons 200k loadout). 

• Like 2

Gotta say Ive seen comments about adding more things for rebels within the zones. Like cheaper gear or vehicles. Because I am not sure rebels wont come and just rob banks to get more easy money as no cops will show.

Edited by jonoh12
Changing it up
3 minutes ago, jonoh12 said:

Gotta say Ive seen comments about adding more things for rebels within the zones. Like cheaper gear or vehicles. Because I am not sure rebels wont come and just rob banks to get more easy money as no cops will show.

I'm guessing will be like before police meeting when HM's can't be robbed, just hope the contential has been taken off limits as well! 😂

2 minutes ago, 3FingerGaming said:

I'm guessing will be like before police meeting when HM's can't be robbed, just hope the contential has been taken off limits as well! 😂

Most likely

4 hours ago, Sirdaanslot said:

100rnd missed is still the same as 30rnd missed marty xxx

Depends on if i should buy 100rnd or not 🙂 But yeah, i will buy them because u guys will come with mark 1ns and shit 😄

7 hours ago, Ciaran said:

Somethin like 15%? I'm not sure how much their stuff costs at the moment.

7 hours ago, Ciaran said:

This is how it functions - it works exactly like the current zones for rebels - they earn points (used for leaderboards for zones), the cash from capping the zone, as well as the money from kills. The only thing they don't get is to contribute towards Police / Poseidon's border wars points.

This is cool, I would suggest that the time to cap the points is a lot quicker than the current caps at the normal zones however due to how much activity will be in them.

• Like 1

. I WANA SAFARHA.

59 minutes ago, Maxim said:

time to cap the points is a lot quicker than the current caps at the normal zones

I think every minute, and for members inside the zone there should be an additional financial reward split between all in order to allow us to afford our gear. I am sure for the first few it won't matter too much as we will be willing to splash the cash to see what it is like overall, but after that feedback will need to be listened too in order to balance it and make it something we are actually able to make money from. 

• Like 2

How much will rebels gain from these zones as we have to pay around 500k for each loadout and will most likely be outnumbered by poseidon and police ?

Other than that looks good and will definitely come back to the server to give it a try

Edited by Sammmy
  • Like 2