GTA RP
MALDEN LIFE
TEAMSPEAK

It's time to say goodbye

Jesus. Whether you were absent or not, I could never have predicted this. RPUK and Wilco are synonymous at this point, it's near impossible to think of one without the other.

You and I have disagreed over the years but ultimately you have my respect for what you have built here. The prime ALUK days were nothing short of incredible, the Altis of 2015/2016 could not be touched by any other community, this server was the absolute best, it wasn't even a competition, and you (along of course with the Management and developers of the time) deserve enormous credit for those times. In spite of our differences, I will always be grateful to you for creating this thing that means so much to me and so many others. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Disclaimer: Anyone whom asks the question 'Who is Dan?' shall receive a firm smacking of their rear-end.

I grew up with ALUK and the platform you created has served me countless wonders. From close friendships that go strong today, to skills developed that have translated to my working life, I am ever grateful.

2014-16 was an outstanding achievement and no community has come close to the one of that time. In 7 years and thousands of hours spent in your community, we never properly spoke Wilco but I take this opportunity now to give you my sincere thanks and wish you the very best of luck in your personal endeavours! 

• Like 3

Thank you so much for everything you have done for us the community, I wish you the best of luck on whatever you do next! 

• Like 1

Thanks for everything @Wilco, this place would be a shadow of it's current self without you!

I'll get a nice armchair set out for you in the RPUK retirement home!

• PagChomp 1

The usual way to leave the community would be mass RDM, but I'll accept this 🤣

Sad to see you go, despite never actually meeting you in game (unless you've got some undercover account 👀)

• Like 1

Havent liked some of your actions and decisions of the past but have never taken anything personally and still respect and appreciate the time you’ve put in, which has allowed us all to make so many friends and waste thousands of hours making funny shit happen. It’s a courageous decision to fully step down and you have my respect for that.

Remember Altis everytime you step in the Audi 😜

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Havent liked some of your actions and decisions of the past but have never taken anything personally and still respect and appreciate the time you’ve put in, which has allowed us all to make so many friends and waste thousands of hours making funny shit happen. It’s a courageous decision to fully step down and you have my respect for that.

Remember Altis everytime you step in the Audi 😜

Or the Yacht, Villa, Porsche, Lamborghini sure there's more I've heard 😂

• Like 1
  • Vladic 1

Hardest post I've ever had to write here. For once, I don't have the words handy. I've been chewing over what to write ever since you posted, and it's been impossible. There's too much to say, too many good times to recall, such a long journey we've been on together over the years. Can't possibly hope to do justice to it all here in one 'TBJ Special'.

All I can say is that I know why you've decided to leave, and I understand completely. As well as being very, very sad, I am also filled with hope, and really pleased that you're in a good place and making a really smart life call. I hope with every ounce of my being that it works out as you want, and I'm sure that it will. Enjoy your new-found romance,  make hay while the sun shines, paint the town red, and do all that shit that makes life fun before you turn forty! Trust me - you only get one bite at the cherry, so make it a fucking great big one, and enjoy every moment.

Worst case, when you're a sad old fuck like me at the sunset end of things, you'll still find us here, I hope, and you can RP in your retirement and pretend you know what 'yoof of today' is on about half the time, and be dissed for being old the rest of it. The show ain't over till the obesity-challenged person of unimportant gender sings, as they say these days. 😉

Thank you for everything you did to set this place up in the way that meant it's still here, seven years down the road. Don't be too far away, and make sure you keep DMing me with tales from the Wilco journey.

But that said... you know I feel like this right now, and will do for many more days:

Bon voyage, my friend.

Travel safe, and may the road rise with you.

x

• Like 9
  • Love 12
  • Sad 16
  • Feelsbadman 5

police-line-sig.jpeg

Never thought I'd honestly see or hear the day for this one.   Whilst I was probably the most controversial staff member ever and butted heads with near enough all of the management team daily;  there's no denying that @Wilco has been a major, major part of the community for such a long time without ever really giving up on it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1