What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Taking The Police Hostage (Important)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
Taking Police hostage (some word this as kidnapping) is now against server rules for a temporary period.

The police again are not finding this fun as it happens multiple times to almost every Police officer on the server.

To give them a break we will be making this against the rules until further notice, This is not permanent and is a temporary measure.

We have done this before around April 2014 and it helped a lot with Police activity and enjoyment.

This is not up to discussion, the same thing over and over gets boring especially when the RP they are experiencing is not of very good quality.

Many thanks for complying with this for the next few weeks.

Edit: Forgot to add Police will just respawn if taken hostage and will file a report in the report a player section so anyone caught doing this will need to appeal there unban.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes of course.

Police just have a tendency to only want to talk when someone is in cuffs. ;)
Because they think there either going to be shot or taken hostage, Maybe with this temp move the whole Police interaction will improve.

Can I just ask that you give a bit of leniency for first couple of weeks for people who break this rule? Not everyone checks the forums and it might take just a little while for the information to properly cascade.

I understand where this comes from, but it's sad it has to come to this again.. I hope it gets sorted out and some clear rules can be set into place surrounding this.

A idea that came to my mind just now;

- Make gangs of more than 4 people obliged to wear a squad XML and make themselves known on the forum

- Each ''registred'' gang can take 1 cop hostage every X days.

This way, their options to take cops are limited and that would be a incentive for them to get the most out of it, RP wise and in negotiations as well, since just executing him would hardly be worth it as the situation would be rare and cannot be recreated to try another approach for more fun untill 7 days later.

I understand where this comes from, but it's sad it has to come to this again.. I hope it gets sorted out and some clear rules can be set into place surrounding this.

- Make gangs of more than 4 people obliged to wear a squad XML and make themselves known on the forum

This way, their options to take cops are limited and that would be a incentive for them to get the most out of it, RP wise and in negotiations as well, since just executing him would hardly be worth it as the situation would be rare and cannot be recreated to try another approach for more fun untill 7 days later.
I actually like this Idea, it will force the hostage takers to plan something, so their is thought into the kidnapping, not just a reaction thing that we get over and over, it would even be good for the police they will be like oh wow they chose me, maybe each gang can take 1 hostage per week, could make some really good RP.

I agree with fuel's suggestion, but a way to interact with police better and create an RP situation would be to create certain times when civs could be handcuffed. In a real life situation, police don't put you in handcuffs just for going 15 mph over the speed limit. Only when  you're actually under arrest do the police take action.

I actually like this Idea, it will force the hostage takers to plan something, so their is thought into the kidnapping, not just a reaction thing that we get over and over, it would even be good for the police they will be like oh wow they chose me, maybe each gang can take 1 hostage per week, could make some really good RP.

I do kind of like this, it will certainly limit the number of cop hostages, without removing it completely.

I don't know why so many people get so fascinated with just executing hostages with the usually boring RP though.

I try to at least make it fun for the person being captured as well. And most of my hostages if they survive the RP usually end up significantly richer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good idea and the second post hits the nail on the head, it will force groups to think. They will have to think how they can use that 1 police hostage to their advantage as it won't come around for another x days, I would say something like 3-4 days so they actually have to think. Call it a "going on the run" period or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back